Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Allegheny County)

Default Pennsylvania-Georgia

I have a second home in Georgia. It looks like GA is reciprocal with PA's Concealed Carry Permit which I have. What do I need to do to transport my handgun with me as I travel from PA to GA and back.... passing through WV, VA, NC and SC? Once in GA, do I follow the same concealed carry and vehicle rules as here in PA?

Default Re: Pennsylvania-Georgia

"It's hard to imagine a more stupid or more dangerous way of making decisions than by putting those decisions in the hands of people who pay no price for being wrong."
    Thomas Sowell

(Erie County)

Don't drive thru S. Carolina.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggies Coach View Post
    Cause white people are awesome. Happy now......LOL.

(Jefferson County)

Quote Originally Posted by Flint View Post
    I have a second home in Georgia. It looks like GA is reciprocal with PA's Concealed Carry Permit which I have. What do I need to do to transport my handgun with me as I travel from PA to GA and back.... passing through WV, VA, NC and SC? Once in GA, do I follow the same concealed carry and vehicle rules as here in PA?
    You follow the laws of the state in which you are present. ...when in Rome, do as the Romans.

From PA to GA, you can carry on your person all the way to SC. In SC you need to put the handgun in a glovebox or console that can be closed with a lid.
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515

Don't end up in my signature!

(Jefferson County)

Quote Originally Posted by Gun View Post

Why not? At most he might stop for food/fuel once while in SC. And glovebox/console carry is legal.
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515

Don't end up in my signature!

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by Flint View Post
    To reiterate what Knight said, follow the rules of whatever state you're in, PA rules are only for PA each state has different rules.

Here is a site in plain English to help you understand Georgia law:

http://www.georgiapacking.org/law.php

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by Gun View Post
    from the South Carolina Law Enforcement Division web site:

http://www.sled.sc.gov/SCStateGunLaws1.aspx?MenuID=CWP

SECTION 16-23-20. Unlawful carrying of handgun; exceptions.

(9) a person in a vehicle if the handgun is secured in a closed glove compartment, closed console, closed trunk, or in a closed container secured by an integral fastener and transported in the luggage compartment of the vehicle; however, this item is not violated if the glove compartment, console, or trunk is opened in the presence of a law enforcement officer for the sole purpose of retrieving a driver’s license, registration, or proof of insurance;
    SECTION 16-23-10. Definitions.

(10) "Luggage compartment" means the trunk of a motor vehicle which has a trunk; however, with respect to a motor vehicle which does not have a trunk, the term "luggage compartment" refers to the area of the motor vehicle in which the manufacturer designed that luggage be carried or to the area of the motor vehicle in which luggage is customarily carried. In a station wagon, van, hatchback vehicle, or sport utility vehicle, the term "luggage compartment" refers to the area behind, but not under, the rearmost seat. In a truck, the term " luggage compartment" refers to the area behind the rearmost seat, but not under the front seat.

(Erie County)

Quote Originally Posted by knight0334 View Post
    Why not? At most he might stop for food/fuel once while in SC. And glovebox/console carry is legal.
    Because it is not necessary to drive via S. Carolina, when driving to Georgia, from Pennsylvania!
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggies Coach View Post
    Cause white people are awesome. Happy now......LOL.

+1 on the Georgia Packing site! its a wealth of information....PA is a lot more liberal on where you can and can not carry so you need to familiarize yourself with the law here...

also since you have a home here you should really consider joining www.GeorgiaCarry.Org best 15$ you can spend to protect your RTKBA in GA its an all volunteer org...(except for the paid lobbyist that go to the state house)
    the entire board is volunteer including John Monroe who brings the civil rights lawsuits on behalf of GCO

(Jefferson County)

Just popping in, since I had a question GA. I have a friend who moved there whom I may be visiting this summer, and as far as i can tell I can carry my firearm through every state except South Carolina, and once IN Georgia I can carry concealed.

Now, What of OC? I see a lot of talk that Open Carry is legal for GA Permit holders, does thi smean GA Permit holders ONLY or since GA is Reciprocal of PA is that counted? I'd like to make absolutely sure of this answer.

Thanks!
    Man its one thing to suffer for your country, Its another to do so because of it...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast