Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Montgomery County)

Default Gun Control(have to get this off my chest)

First and for most, I am AGAINST gun control in every way, except for the part weir you hit what you aim at.

I always am being lectured to by my friends how I or how nobody needs to have a gun. They say that it should be more restricted as to buying them and owning them.

About a month ago i was talking with a new friend of mine who is from Jordan. he has lived their for a good part of his life and knows the laws pretty well. He likes guns as much as I, but believes in gun control in a small way, kinda like the "common sense" gun laws that liberals feel we need.

I told him how gun control really does not work, explaining D.C, and the U.K. He told me how gun control is carried out in Jordan and it goes like this.

NO ONE can have a gun. Cops can, will, and do random searches with no search warrants anytime they want in peoples homes, and look for guns. IF you are caught, you go to jail for the rest of your life. Essentially they have no rights. they have no rights cause they have no 2nd amendment, and vica versa. Of course being the middle east and the way they work, if someone has a special connection i.e your friends with the chief, or the royal family, then your exempt from the law.

point being. for gun control to work on any level, you have to essentially give up most if not all of your rights.

(Cambria County)

Default Re: Gun Control(have to get this off my chest)

GOD bless America! .... well what's left of it anyway.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6mK2JYfZAmA When will America become America?

(Dauphin County)

Quote Originally Posted by coppery View Post
    First and for most, I am AGAINST gun control in every way, except for the part weir you hit what you aim at.

I always am being lectured to by my friends how I or how nobody needs to have a gun. They say that it should be more restricted as to buying them and owning them.

About a month ago i was talking with a new friend of mine who is from Jordan. he has lived their for a good part of his life and knows the laws pretty well. He likes guns as much as I, but believes in gun control in a small way, kinda like the "common sense" gun laws that liberals feel we need.

I told him how gun control really does not work, explaining D.C, and the U.K. He told me how gun control is carried out in Jordan and it goes like this.

NO ONE can have a gun. Cops can, will, and do random searches with no search warrants anytime they want in peoples homes, and look for guns. IF you are caught, you go to jail for the rest of your life. Essentially they have no rights. they have no rights cause they have no 2nd amendment, and vica versa.Of course being the middle east and the way they work, if someone has a special connection i.e your friends with the chief, or the royal family, then your exempt from the law.

point being. for gun control to work on any level, you have to essentially give up most if not all of your rights.
    It must suck to live in a country like that. However, they have the same rights as every other human on this planet. Governments do not and can not grant rights to people. Our rights are inherent in our nature, and are granted by God (whether you believe that or not, makes no difference to me). Our 2nd Amendment does not give us the right to bear arms, it only recognizes that right as being ours (we hold these Truths to be self-evident).

The reason they are not allowed to own firearms in Jordan, and any other country where they are outlawed, is because at some point in history the people of that country allowed their rulers to disarm them without offering the resistance required to maintain their rights. They allowed it in many other areas, also, such as the right to vote for your leaders, the right to be free from illegal searches, etc. etc. They should have used their weapons for their intended purpose before allowing those things to happen. (tin foil hat going on now, the helicopters are on their way)
    Power always thinks...that it is doing God's service when it is violating all his laws.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by ROCK-IT3 View Post
    It must suck to live in a country like that. However, they have the same rights as every other human on this planet. Governments do not and can not grant rights to people. Our rights are inherent in our nature, and are granted by God (whether you believe that or not, makes no difference to me). Our 2nd Amendment does not give us the right to bear arms, it only recognizes that right as being ours (we hold these Truths to be self-evident).

The reason they are not allowed to own firearms in Jordan, and any other country where they are outlawed, is because at some point in history the people of that country allowed their rulers to disarm them without offering the resistance required to maintain their rights. They allowed it in many other areas, also, such as the right to vote for your leaders, the right to be free from illegal searches, etc. etc. They should have used their weapons for their intended purpose before allowing those things to happen. (tin foil hat going on now, the helicopters are on their way)
    oh sorry, i didn't mean to say that they don't have any rights in the way that they shouldn't, i meant it in the context that as you said,that their rights are not recognized as ours are, and they can't, or is just impossibly difficult to have that changed their. my point to this though was that to have gun control to work t all, rights must be given up, as is the case in Jordan, which, unless the constitution is torn up and burnt, the American people will never do.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by ROCK-IT3 View Post
    It is not paranoia if they are really out to get you ;-)
    Hoplophobia is funny

(Erie County)

It's hard for people to understand the importance of a right, when they live in a place where that right has always been infringed upon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggies Coach View Post
    Cause white people are awesome. Happy now......LOL.

(Dauphin County)

Quote Originally Posted by coppery View Post
    oh sorry, i didn't mean to say that they don't have any rights in the way that they shouldn't, i meant it in the context that as you said,that their rights are not recognized as ours are, and they can't, or is just impossibly difficult to have that changed their. my point to this though was that to have gun control to work t all, rights must be given up, as is the case in Jordan, which, unless the constitution is torn up and burnt, the American people will never do.
    No need to be sorry. I was simply pointing out that they allowed their rights to be trampled. That also means that it can happen here, and the first step would be to disarm the populace. We must never let that happen. I don't know what I would do if i was born in a country that didn't allow firearms. I'd probably do the same as most everyone else, and bow to the men with the guns. But here, we don't have to do that.

Quote Originally Posted by West Chester View Post
    It is not paranoia if they are really out to get you ;-)
    And some day they will be, but I believe now that it will be beyond my lifetime. I hope my kids and grandkids will stand against it.
    Power always thinks...that it is doing God's service when it is violating all his laws.

(Monroe County)

I second what Rockit3 said, Op bear in mind that Jordan is not a democracy it is a Kingdom , it is owned by the Royal family just like England is , that is why There is no English citizens, they are called "subjects" or in this case Her Majesty's subjects , meaning that they are owned by the Royal family in this case the Queen, just like the Navy is called Her majesty's Royal Navy, meaning the navy belongs to the queen.

The proper name for Jordan is the Hashemite kIngdom of Jordan.

And secondly it has nothing to do with being a "middle eastern countrty" In places like Iraq, Lybya and so on anyone can own Guns and they do , even under Saddam Hussein a firearms permit were not needed to own guns, they had no permits.

Jordan is not a democracy it is a Monarchy, but being a democracy doesnt mean you will have any firearms freedom, just look at England , Australia , and Canada - all "democracies right? Yet they have some of the most restrictive firearms restrictions out there.

(Centre County)

F@*& Jordan. And that goes for Michael Jordan too.

I think the problem is slightly different.

Growing up in a society that has banned gun possession for two or more generations has side effects, that work very much in the favor of gun control. If you have no guns in the hands of ordinary, law abiding citizens for 2 or more generations, there is no chance for their children to be introduced to firearms "first hand". Responsible parents usually avoid drawing their kids attention to stuff, that could get them into trouble for being illegal. So all firearms stuff is pushed into the fiction, fantasy and criminal world. Having no personal experience with firearms and associating them with fiction, fantasy and crime, these people fall for the all too human (but wrong) reaction "let everybody be as unarmed as I am." These people are very susceptible to "sensible gun regulations" or even flat out bans.

They have also been lured into the misconception that criminals are very experienced with firearms and hand to hand combat and that even if you had your own gun, "they will take it from you and use it against you!" No need to travel outside the US to hear that one.

I see the exact same symptoms with almost all my relatives back in Germany. Except for my mom, everyone is like "Oh my gaaawd, what do you need THAT for? Do you live in Texas?"

Jordan, Germany, Britain, Australia, New Jersey ... what's the difference?

Jan

PS: I had the "luck" that my father was a Police officer and his cousin a park ranger/hunter. In contrast to the vast majority of Germans in my generation, I grew up (at least remotely) with firearms and their use. I didn't get to fire a handgun, a G3 or an UZI before I was 18 and in the Navy, but hey, being 18 is always good for something.
    So long and thanks for all the fish.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast