Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default OC from delaware to pa

I am aware that oc gets real tricky in pa when you are in a car. In delaware we can put our side arm on the dash or seat. I understand that you cant do that in pa. I am a delaware resident but shoot at targetmaster. I am wondering is there a non-resident ccdw that pa will recognize i can simply get. there are hoops and lots of time in the delaware one.

(Jefferson County)

Default Re: OC from delaware to pa

If you have a DE license, it is good in a vehicle in PA. Licenses from ANY state covers you in a vehicle in PA.

A FL or UT licenses will then give you full reciprocal coverage while in PA - especially necessary while in Philadelphia.
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515

Don't end up in my signature!

thanks

I dont have a delaware license. Since its a may issue state there are some hoops. we have to get five witnesses, run an add in the paper and other stuff. I have issue with some of that and how long it can take, so i may never apply for one. With open carry in delaware i fail to see why i would need one and would rather not give my hard earned money to a pathetically liberal govenment.

Thanks though

go for the florida permit...if you have a "training class" youve taken you can just send a copy of that your finger print card and 117$ down to florida

(Chester County)

UT is another option (the one I took so I can carry in DE) and is cheaper then FL.
    Regards Robert
    Smile... it increases your face value!
    Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not. ~Thomas Jefferson

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by bluedog46 View Post
    I am aware that oc gets real tricky in pa when you are in a car. In delaware we can put our side arm on the dash or seat. I understand that you cant do that in pa. I am a delaware resident but shoot at targetmaster. I am wondering is there a non-resident ccdw that pa will recognize i can simply get. there are hoops and lots of time in the delaware one.
    If your only concern is traveling between your home and Targetmaster's range then no license is required while in Pa (per 18 Pa CSA 6106(b)(4)):

(4) Any persons engaged in target shooting with a firearm, if such persons are at or are going to or from their places of assembly or target practice and if, while going to or from their places of assembly or target practice, the firearm is not loaded.
    Although not required by the statute, I would suggest that the handgun be unloaded and locked in the trunk or other secure case while in Pa.
    IANAL

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by tl_3237 View Post

Although not required by the statute, I would suggest that the handgun be unloaded and locked in the trunk or other secure case while in Pa.
    False, read the exception again

(4) Any persons engaged in target shooting with a firearm, if such persons are at or are going to or from their places of assembly or target practice and if, while going to or from their places of assembly or target practice, the firearm is not loaded.

(Northampton County)

You can get a non-resident PA LTCF pretty cheap. I have always heard it is easiest to apply to Center County.

Arizona is easy and fast to get and gives you a whole mess of states including Pennsylvania and Delaware*.

However, Arizona will not cover you in Florida - Florida, like a few other states, does not honor non-resident licenses. Since so many people end up in Florida from time to time for vacations, work, or family, I usually think people that don't have a license in their own state should go for Florida. Gives states similar to Arizona.

*assuming DE will let you conceal in their state as a resident with an out of state license.

(Jefferson County)

Quote Originally Posted by ungawa View Post
    You can get a non-resident PA LTCF pretty cheap. I have always heard it is easiest to apply to Center County.

Arizona is easy and fast to get and gives you a whole mess of states including Pennsylvania and Delaware*.

However, Arizona will not cover you in Florida - Florida, like a few other states, does not honor non-resident licenses. Since so many people end up in Florida from time to time for vacations, work, or family, I usually think people that don't have a license in their own state should go for Florida. Gives states similar to Arizona.

*assuming DE will let you conceal in their state as a resident with an out of state license.
    He doesn't have his DE license. And states it is a pain in the butt to get one, which leads me to conclude he has no intention on getting it. ...so the PA non-resident LTCF is out of the question.
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515

Don't end up in my signature!

Quote Originally Posted by BimmerJon View Post
    False, read the exception again
    I think he was referring to locking it in the trunk or other secure manner in addition to it being unloaded.
    FUCK BIDEN

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast