Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: New M&P's

Default Re: New M&P's

Nothing wrong with that.

(Bucks County)

Here's my M&P 45c with my Gsg-5 on my artic cat !! i got it a while ago while s&w was running a special promotion so when i registered the gun i got three extra mags, all with the extension so my pinky finger doesnt hang off of the frame! It's my favorite to shoot.

(Pike County)

Quote Originally Posted by bmxer0122 View Post
    Here's my M&P 45c with my Gsg-5 on my artic cat !! i got it a while ago while s&w was running a special promotion so when i registered the gun i got three extra mags, all with the extension so my pinky finger doesnt hang off of the frame! It's my favorite to shoot.
    Well? You gotta tell us more about it.
    Sanity, yours if you can keep it.....

(York County)

Very nice M&P's. Haven't had the pleasure of owning or shooting one, but I sure would like to give it a try. Very nice looking firearms. Thanks for posting!

GB

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by LifeInPa View Post
    Well? You gotta tell us more about it.
    It shoots great, the trigger takes a bit of getting used to (i started shooting using a 1911). It shoots great with literally any ammo from wolf to federal and isn't very high maintenance. I try to clean and lube after every use and when i do it seems like its wearing well (not at all) anything else your interested in knowing? I also have a surefire Trl2 (something like that) weapon light that i basically dont use but it balances nicely when shooting with it on!
    Last edited by bmxer0122; January 11th, 2011 at 08:47 PM. Reason: forgot something

(Pike County)

It shoots great, the trigger takes a bit of getting used to (i started shooting using a 1911). It shoots great with literally any ammo from wolf to federal and isn't very high maintenance. I try to clean and lube after every use and when i do it seems like its wearing well (not at all) anything else your interested in knowing? I also have a surefire Trl2 (something like that) weapon light that i basically dont use but it balances nicely when shooting with it on!
    I think you covered it all, thanks.

I am thinking about getting a light/laser for the M&P I plan on buying down the road, I wonder if anyone makes a nice combo that would fit on the under-mounted Picatinny rail?
    Sanity, yours if you can keep it.....

Glade Mill Lake, Cooperstown, Pennsylvania
    (Butler County)

Quote Originally Posted by LifeInPa View Post
    I think you covered it all, thanks.

I am thinking about getting a light/laser for the M&P I plan on buying down the road, I wonder if anyone makes a nice combo that would fit on the under-mounted Picatinny rail?
    streamlight TLR-2 is nice if you want a combo. Personally, If I had more money I think the perfect setup is a TLR 1 or 3 (depending on if you want big and metal or small and plastic) and the crimson trace grips.

But, for the cost of the grips you can get a TLR2 and have both. The only thing I don't like about it is the laser hangs off the bottom and it seems (in my short experience playing with it) that if it's sighted in close up it's off at distance and if it's sighted in at distance is't off close up. I think the crimson trace is a little better in this regard, as well as having instinctive activation.

(Montgomery County)

Here are 2 pics of my M&P 40c with crimson trace lasergrip and apex duty/carry trigger parts. The one pic is the gun with pinky extension and the other with no exension.

I would rather die in a shootout than get assassinated in a "gun free zone"

(Bucks County)

How do you like the crimson trace? i was thinking about getting one eventually when i apply for my ltc permit. My dad has them on his kimber but i havent had the opportunity to mess with them and check it out. how accurate are they?

(Montgomery County)

How do you like the crimson trace? i was thinking about getting one eventually when i apply for my ltc permit. My dad has them on his kimber but i havent had the opportunity to mess with them and check it out. how accurate are they?
    My personal assessment is that they are more accurate then the gun. And the gun is more accurate then I can shoot. Anyway, I do like it, and this is the only style laser I would put on a gun as your hand is naturally squeezing the grip anyway. Other lasers require the activation of a switch, button ,etc.

Just for shits and giggles, I was hip firing my gun and shooting 8" metal knockdown targets from 50 feet away with no misses by using the laser.

If you buy them, your prob gonna wanna get them here. They were the cheapest i'd found and shipping was very fast.

http://www.gunshopfinder.com/crimson...ser_grips.html
    I would rather die in a shootout than get assassinated in a "gun free zone"

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast