Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Bucks County)

Default Local tactical or competition shoots

Is there anything place around the Philadelphia area that as either of these. I always wanted to attend one of these just to see what it's like and what kind of people are there. I have a large interest in firearms but needless to say, many of the people that surround me don't share this interest, which is fine. I do occasional shooting with my father, but am always looking to meet and shoot with others.
    "

Default Re: Local tactical or competition shoots

Check out this site for IDPA shoots:

http://www.nepaidpascores.net/

Ready aim fire looks closest to you here's their website:

http://www.rafire.com/events/events.htm

They also have GSSF matches.
    Any vote for a third party is a vote for a Democrat. You are the enemy.

(Allegheny County)

Check out the IDPA's club listings for PA and surrounding states. IDPA Clubs

Also USPSA Mid-Atlantic clubs USPSA Mid-Atlantic clubs

Outdoors most of the clubs will begin shooting March-April. May be some shooting indoors but I don't know since I'm from Pittsburgh area.

Both IDPA and USPSA are great fun.

(Monroe County)

Warning the shooting games are wildly fun!

(Bucks County)

People might be able to help out more if you are more specific about what you are looking for. If it's pistol, someone linked to Ready Aim Fire. Their next IDPA shoot is this Monday the 10th. I think they still run from 4pm-9pm, but the last shooter must register at by 8. IDPA is a great place to start, just go watch and bring a pistol and a few boxes of ammo, and extra mags if you have them should you decide you want to try it out.

Also, Langhorne Rod & Gun Club has practical pistol matches that I've been meaning to get to. I believe they are the first Saturday of each month, be there around 8:30 am. Maybe three boxes of ammo. It's hard to find info there since their site isn't up these days, but people on here can set me right if my times are wrong.

If you are looking for rifle matches, LRGC also runs those the last Saturday of the month, LastDefender on here is the organizer and posts their schedule here on PAFOA in the shoots and matches section.

I go out to New Holland Rifle & Pistol Club for Practical Rifle matches, it's a bit of a drive but I find it to be worth it. Fargo007 runs those, and the schedule can be found at http://www.nhrpc.org. The next one is Sunday the 16th and you have to register on the website for those.

If you are looking to shoot some clays, Falls Township Rifle & Pistol Association holds trap shoots Monday evenings and sporting clays the first and third Sundays of each month in the morning. LRGC has clays, too, but I'm not sure of their schedule.

I have found the people at all of these events to be supportive, they welcome new shooters and they always put safety first. So do some digging and check them out. And there's more of us in Bucks than you realize. I'm 6 minutes from one club and 20 from another, and although I'm not a member at either shooting their public events as a guest hasn't been an issue.