Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Delaware County)

Default NH Legislature Repeals Gun Ban in Statehouse

This is the article before the ban was repealed, which occurred earlier today. The new article probably won't be up until tomorrow, but rest assured, it was indeed repealed.
    I lived in New Hampshire briefly and this is one thing I loved about it: a common sense legislature. When I lived there, guns were allowed inside the state house. Now, thanks to some smart-thinking legislators, they are once again.
    Why can't our legislature be more like NH's?
    Oh yeah, the repeal only went into effect a year ago. Before that, guns were also allowed in the state house, I believe for many, many years.

http://www.unionleader.com/article.a...c-4dad850f4183

(Dauphin County)

Default Re: NH Legislature Repeals Gun Ban in Statehouse

There is no explicit legislative ban on arms in our Captiol building. Some members here can tell you about the old days when they could walk large portions of that building armed.

Instead, the current 'ban' on arms is enforced as an extension of 18 Pa.C.S. 913, where the assumption must be that because we have an appellate courtroom SOMEWHERE in building, there's some adjoining corridor which consumes the rest of it. I'd like to see a map of that, personally. What's more likely occurring is that someone considers a part of the building that courtroom and adjoining corridor, and for the sake of expediency and simply disarming the People, makes disarmament a requirement of entry to the whole building itself, rather than the 913-defined-"court facility".

We also have some regulations which were passed by parties that aren't the legislature prohibiting carry on other state properties.