Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Berks County)

Default Holster for an old Beretta

Well, I started reading this section of the forum well over an hour ago (25+ pages deep) and I am more confused now than when I started.... lol

I have a fairly simple question though. I have an old Beretta 70S in .380 and I am in the market for a holster for it (Outside the waist preferably) but it seems that some of the holsters recommended (such as the Blackhawk Serpa Holsters) are made for specific models and my particular model is not on the list. Which I would assume is due to its age.

Could someone recommend a Holster for concealed carry?

The only thing about the pistol that may cause a problem, that I am aware of, is the thumb rest on the left side. Do you think this will limit me to few options or will that portion of the weapon stick out of the holster?

Below is a picture of my Beretta 70S

Thanks
    -Walt

(Erie County)

Default Re: Holster for an old Beretta

Go to http://www.midwayusa.com click on "grips, magazines, holsters, and slings" then go from there. They have a Beretta '70 Puma' listed, but no '70S'

Most of the holsters have several models of guns it fits, including a PPK and SIG 230/232. You might be able to search for a holster for those guns as more will be listed and they may fit.
    I wouldn't look for a kydex one as it's going to much more form fitted compared to a leather one.

Probably gonna be a crap shoot for ya, but might work out well. My Polish P64 has no holsters made specifically for it so I have to buy ones that fit a SIG 230/232 and it fits perfectly, but I can't use PPK specific holsters (even though they are very close in size) as the slide won't fit.

(Philadelphia County)

you may have to get a holster custom made if you don't want some nylon 1-fits-all crap. Yes, it's a pain in the ass. You have to send your gun to a holster maker for a few weeks

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by DeltaII5 View Post
    Go to http://www.midwayusa.com click on "grips, magazines, holsters, and slings" then go from there. They have a Beretta '70 Puma' listed, but no '70S'

Most of the holsters have several models of guns it fits, including a PPK and SIG 230/232. You might be able to search for a holster for those guns as more will be listed and they may fit.
    I wouldn't look for a kydex one as it's going to much more form fitted compared to a leather one.

Probably gonna be a crap shoot for ya, but might work out well. My Polish P64 has no holsters made specifically for it so I have to buy ones that fit a SIG 230/232 and it fits perfectly, but I can't use PPK specific holsters (even though they are very close in size) as the slide won't fit.
    I just did a real quick search on the "Beretta Puma" and from what I can tell it seems that this is the new version of the Model 70. I'm not 100% sure they are identical in size and shape though. I'll do some more looking around and possibly contact Beretta direct to see if they can guide me in the right direction.

I googled "Beretta 70S Holster" and got a bunch of holsters that fit multiple weapons, and mine just happened to make the listing. Before I go the 1 size fits all route I'm going to see if there is something comparable.

Thanks for the info.

Quote Originally Posted by wwhite72082 View Post

Could someone recommend a Holster for concealed carry?

Thanks
    -Walt
    Walt,
    You might simply use the web site of a few holster manufactures and their 'contact us' link to get their opinion on a good fit.

Try Galco Leather for starters
    http://www.usgalco.com/default.asp

Good luck, Jack

(Philadelphia County)

How is the 70S anyhow?
    "When law becomes despotic, morals are relaxed, and vice versa."-- Honore de Balzac, The Wild Ass's Skin...huh, huh..Balzac...Wild Ass...huh, huh

(Berks County)

PAHunter,
    Thanks for the link. I contacted them about their Stowe and Go holster to see if it will work for me and to ask their recommendation for my Beretta.

Eugene V. Debs,
    I haven't taken it out as of yet. I made the purchase a couple of days ago and it's killing me that it is just sitting. I'm in the process of finding a local range and plan on possibly taking a drive out to one of the pay by the hour ranges to give it a try. If all goes well I'll be able to get one of my friends to go with me and help me along.

Being so new to firearms I'm also trying to find a class to educate me further. Reading has been great but I really prefer a hands on approach.

Thanks
    -Walt