Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Berks County)

Cool Ok Need some help/advice

I carry a SAXD9mmSC in a Crossbreed supertuck, I carry on my left side about 730. I love the fire arm and keep it for Self Defense only, I do go to the range with it but its manly my carry gun. I'm looking at getting the Crimson Trace Grip for it. I have heard great things about the laser, but I worry carrying it on my left side that the laser it self will be banged around on the holster due to the fact that I carry on my left and the grip goes around on the right? I also was looking at the Laserlyte rear sights but have heard mixed reviews about them. I'm looking at making a purchase soon so any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Happy Shooting.

(Centre County)

Default Re: Ok Need some help/advice

Having once had a laser on my Glock 19 carry gun, it has been my experience that lasers aren't all they are cracked up to be. Unless it is dusk or dark out, most lasers aren't powerful enough to be seen because they are washed out by sunlight.

I mean it's your gun and your money and I have no knowledge of your shooting ability, but I think people often times think that putting a laser on their sidearm will make it easier for them to hit a target, when more focus needs to be put on to basic training principles such as trigger control and body mechanics.
    Last edited by unclemoak; January 4th, 2011 at 03:28 PM. Reason: grammar
    Machinist for hire - Get a hold of me if you need something made

(Philadelphia County)

What UncleMoat said. Pay attention to that man.

Also, if you ever need to use your carry gun in legitimate self-defense, you are going to be painted as a rambo/cobra/jack-bauer wanna be who put "military-style, SWAT laser sights on his gun to make it more deadly".

I'd avoid it just for that reason.

I have a light/laser combo in one of my guns, and its very cool for the range/home, but I don't think I'd carry it.
    ==============
    “If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquillity of servitude than the animating contest of freedom, — go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen!”
    ~Samuel Adams

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it."
    ~Thomas Jefferson, 1791

(Berks County)

Also, if you ever need to use your carry gun in legitimate self-defense, you are going to be painted as a rambo/cobra/jack-bauer wanna be who put "military-style, SWAT laser sights on his gun to make it more deadly".

Rather be a Rambo/cobra/Jack-Bauer and be alive then Gary Cooper and Dead!!! haha sorry to easy.

(Allegheny County)

You can see lasers at night, bad things happen at night.

From a court aspect, the laser isnt what killed the bad guy, the laser made sure you missed the school bus full of nuns and babies. Are you gonna carry JHP's?
    Jeff Cooper was a huge supporter of gun games, when he was winning them at least...

(York County)

I don't know if you ran into this guy's reviews yet, but they sound like the sights that you're thinking about.

Part 1: http://stuckinmassachusetts.blogspot...pressions.html

Part 2: http://stuckinmassachusetts.blogspot...ge-report.html

The Lasermax looks like it might be interesting. http://stuckinmassachusetts.blogspot...s-initial.html

Here's a little more detail, and a good customer service story.
    Last edited by Don T.; January 7th, 2011 at 07:22 PM.