Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Luzerne County)

Default 11:00-1:00 o'clock c-tac m-tac carry

does anyone do this? is it comfortable enough?
    Last edited by tacticalG23; April 12th, 2010 at 03:17 PM.
    كافر

(Snyder County)

Default Re: 11:00-1:00 o'clock c-tac m-tac carry

When I CC my XD40 4" Service, I carry in a Comp-Tac M-Tac holster with C-clips at around 2:30-3:00, but never any further back. I find that I will print badly if I carry further back. It is fairly comfortable here and I can wear it all day and basically forget about it.

If you are looking to carry in the very front of your body (12 oclock position), you should consider a Smart Carry or something similar. I think these are better suited for carrying up front and some members have had good success with these.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by tacticalG23 View Post
    does anyone do this? is it comfortable enough? i wish to carry at about 12:30 just for sake of always knowing noone can possibly go for my weapon without my knowledge. just one of those security blanket things, right now i carry in a shoulder sling but dress is limited hoping to move down to iwb but carrying around the kidney area just doesn't feel as safe to me as someone could bump into me the wrong way out and about, i'd feel better with it up front in my line of sight, any suggestions?

i carry a GLOCK 23
    i can say that i cannot carry a g17 in a c-tac (or any other holster) at 12:30 and sit down or bend over comfortably.

i also cannot carry a g17 in a c-tac (or any other holster) at kidney o'clock and sit down comfortably...or bend over without printing like crazy.

i can, however, carry a g17 in a c-tac at 3:00 with maximum forward cant and sit down quite comfortably...and bend over with just a little printing.

as far as retention...if you have a cover garment on and are half way paying attention to what is going on around you, it is going to be hard for someone to take the gun from you at 3:00. prolly just as hard as it would be for them to take it from you at 12:30.

also at 3:00 your arm is generally covering the weapon (similar to a shoulder rig), so the chance of someone bumping into it is not high. and, people expect the outside of your hip to be hard (hip bone is there...many people carry pagers/cell phones there). so they wouldn't likely think anything of bumping into your gun anyway.

my suggestion, as you may have guessed, is to carry at 3:00 with maximum forward cant.
    Last edited by LittleRedToyota; November 26th, 2007 at 05:41 PM.

(Philadelphia County)

Interesting, I carry at 4-4:30. Due to the fact that I'm a pretty skinny guy nothing else is comfortable.
    Dan P, Founder & President, Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    Purchase a Forum SubscriptionBuy some PAFOA MerchandiseHelp PAFOA's Search Engine Ranking

(Philadelphia County)

does anyone do this? is it comfortable enough? i wish to carry at about 12:30 just for sake of always knowing noone can possibly go for my weapon without my knowledge. just one of those security blanket things, right now i carry in a shoulder sling but dress is limited hoping to move down to iwb but carrying around the kidney area just doesn't feel as safe to me as someone could bump into me the wrong way out and about, i'd feel better with it up front in my line of sight, any suggestions?

i carry a GLOCK 23
    Even using a holster specifically designed for appendix carry, you will be limited to carrying small pistols for comfort.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by danp View Post
    Interesting, I carry at 4-4:30. Due to the fact that I'm a pretty skinny guy nothing else is comfortable.
    just out of curiosity, how do you comfortably sit in a chair that has a back on it?

when i first started carrying, i carried at somewhere between 4 and 5 o'clock, but could never figure out what to do about sitting in a chair with a back on it...the gun would always dig into my back.

of course, i could never understand how people carry wallets in their back pockets either...doesn't it dig into your arse when you sit down?

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by LittleRedToyota View Post
    just out of curiosity, how do you comfortably sit in a chair that has a back on it?

when i first started carrying, i carried at somewhere between 4 and 5 o'clock, but could never figure out what to do about sitting in a chair with a back on it...the gun would always dig into my back.

of course, i could never understand how people carry wallets in their back pockets either...doesn't it dig into your arse when you sit down?
    Never had a problem with either.
    Dan P, Founder & President, Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    Purchase a Forum SubscriptionBuy some PAFOA MerchandiseHelp PAFOA's Search Engine Ranking

(Berks County)

does anyone do this? is it comfortable enough? i wish to carry at about 12:30 just for sake of always knowing noone can possibly go for my weapon without my knowledge.

i carry a GLOCK 23
    Sometimes I use a Smart Carry holster. I'd say it's comfortable enough because my gun really isn't that big. (that didn't sound right) But I may stop using that holster because someone told me that a firearms instructor mentioned to him how unsafe the Smart Carry holster is, mainly because of where the gun points when an accidental discharge occurs. When I'm not Smart Carrying I usually (CC) my firearm between 3:15-3:45, very comfortable.

rand
    Last edited by dnar; November 26th, 2007 at 09:55 PM.

(Indiana County)

I carry my G17 at roughly 6:00, and it's the only place that really feels comfortable for me.

(Venango County)

I carry my G22 at 6 as well....in a nylon clip on holster....don;t really like it much though. Now that it is cold out I just carry it at 3 in my Blackhawk Serpa, and cover it with a sweatshirt.....I no longer worry about printing....

Glock Pistols.......So simple a Caveman could fix them!