Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Westmoreland County)

Default citadel range trip

OK, so I got my Citadel 1911 on Christmas and until today could not get to a range to fire it. I have been trying all week but every time I would try something would go wrong and prevent me from going.
    Well today I finally got it out for the first time. Went to A&S in youngwood and fired 150 rounds through it with. Had one problem which was the slide not going fully into battery on one round. My fiance was firing it at the time not sure if that had anything to do with it or not. I seemed to shoot this slightly low and left. Im sure this has more to do with me than the gun itself. My formal firearms training is all military based with m16/m4. Didnt really get into handguns until a few years ago and I am no bulls-eye shooter with a pistol. There were no other issue to speak of in the performance category.
    Now on to the finish. In many of the reviews I have read, the finish is the one area that is lacking. And I can say I would have to agree. I dont see the finish lasting long on this thing without me wanting to redo it.(I airbrush as a hobby and would love to try my hand at duracoat) But I think my P3AT is first to get redone.
    I know 150 rounds is not much to speak about but I just figured I'd give my initial reaction to this particular 1911. Plus I had to get some rounds down the pipe before the group shoot. I would feel really strange showing up to the group shoot for my first time with a unfired gun.

Default Re: citadel range trip

What size 1911? I have a 3.5 and love it...
    Tantric Shooting Team

(Westmoreland County)

Default Re: citadel range trip

Quote Originally Posted by Pagoda240 View Post
    What size 1911? I have a 3.5 and love it...
    Yea its a 3.5. I can see how. Hell my fiance' loved shooting it. It took alot of prying to get her to shoot it but then once she started she did most of the breaking in for me. I might actually be able to sell the m&p I bought for myself than she wont let me sell now. She is worse than the PPD at confiscating guns. Well maybe not, I can still shoot it, its just not mine to do with as I please.