Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast
    (Bucks County)

Default OC with a shoulder harness or drop leg.

My brother tends to use a shoulder harness which is very poorly concealed, in my opinion, an borders on OC. I'm not a proponent of OC because, hey, who needs the hassle? I don't care if someone OCs but it's not for me. My question is, how are you presenting yourself if you OC with a harness or a drop leg? I think it makes you out to be someone looking for an opportunity. Has anyone ever done this? Your thoughts?

(Delaware County)

Default Re: OC with a shoulder harness or drop leg.

drop leg = wanna be swat, to me i would watch this guy as long as he was in sight, probably clearing out of the area. not a good idea in my mind

Shoulder rig = sitting duck, All someone has to do is get close enough he cant get his hand across his chest, pull the gun out of the holster and fire.

Best OC in my mind, leather with retention, a thumb break maybe, strong side on the belt.

(Philadelphia County)

If you're going to open carry, get yourself a solid retention holster with a strong belt attachment Something like a safariland 6281

(York County)

While my viwes on OC'ing here have been made blazingly apparent, I would not use a drop leg, It would make you look like Pee-Pee touching whacker. See previous thread for definition of PP touching whacker.

Thumbs up Re: OC with a shoulder harness or drop leg.

Quote Originally Posted by MarcS View Post
    If you're going to open carry, get yourself a solid retention holster with a strong belt attachment Something like a safariland 6281
    What he said. The drop leg is nice and comfortable when your in the field, and it's nice in the winter, because it will be out from under a winter coat, but it's still not the best choice IMHO.

As for the shoulder rig...while I have one that I specifically use for winter carry under a large coat, only because I can get to it quicker than a belt holster, I still use my pocket gun instead of the shoulder rig as a primary.

IMHO, a shoulder rig with no cover garment is just too Miami Vice (the show, not the movie) for me.
    "We shoot to stop. ... Unfortunately, death can be a byproduct."

(Montgomery County)

I was thinking of a drop leg because of my size and comfort. I'll admit, I'm fat. And I have some wicked love handles. I just cannot see a belt holester being wearable for me. I was also thinking of some kind of belt drop holester to lower the carry of the gun so it would not be uncomfortable and digging into my side.

Quote Originally Posted by Brown-Bear View Post
    While my viwes on OC'ing here have been made blazingly apparent, I would not use a drop leg, It would make you look like Pee-Pee touching whacker. See previous thread for definition of PP touching whacker.
    I can’t seem to decide if you are more worried about open gun laws or sexual orientations.

Let’s just say that there are many people who visit here that belong to the Pink Pistols, and you would not know it to see them, they rarely seem what they are.
    Then again, maybe your fear of "PP touching whackers" is more a fear you have about looking “gay”. Either way, you have to see about facing the fears you have, and stop using that term, I am sure I am not the only one who finds it mildly offensive.
    By grouping people like you do in a basket and calling them names, you are definitely not going to be making as many friends as you would like here. We are very much a live and let live crew here, we don’t go for name calling and bashing for very long.

You do not have to agree with other peoples view, I often don’t, but you do have to respect others. We all have the freedom to carry the way we see fit, and we also all have the right to a sexual orientation. Although I don’t agree with the “gay” lifestyle, I do respect their right to be who they are.

So far, in the 9 or so posts you have that I have seen of you, this term has stood out and I can’t say in a favorable way.

For some reason, you seem to think only a Pee-Pee touching whacker would open carry, and that is wrong. All of the people I know who open carry either full or part time are very straight guys/ galls.

So let’s try to curve this in such a way that every one can feel comfortable. You think a certain way about people, that’s ok, but you don’t have to make it so obvious as to make others who decide to open carry feel uncomfortable.

Man you would have freaked the last shoot I went to, I had forgotten to pick up my 2 of my 3 handguns from the house after packing the truck to go to the range, I quickly ran in the house, slipped one in my waist band and the other in a breast pocket of my coat. My carry gun was on my strong side, my concealed (semi concealed) was in my waist weak side cross draw, and my 2 ¾ revolver in my outside breast pocket.
    I stopped for a coffee, and the clerk saw the gun in the breast pocket and blurted out “is that a gun?”
    While reaching for my wallet in my back pocket I revealed the carry gun on the belt, and to confuse him even more, I opened the other side of my coat to reveal the third carry I had that day.

Grant you, none where “open” carry as long as I had my coat on, but at least 2 where open carry when My coat was off. The third only visible by outline in my breast pocket.

By your standards, I should have started whacking off right there!!!

PS. Seeing there are probably people who did not know of the Pink Pistols group, here is the Local Pennsylvania chapter.
    Last edited by Frenchy; November 26th, 2007 at 04:47 AM.
    Skeet is a sport where you are better to hit half of each bird then completely blast one and miss the other completely.

The choice is yours, place your faith in the court system and 12 of your peers, or carried away by 6 friends.

Nemo Me Impune Lacessit. 'Nobody provokes me with impunity'
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig.
    Clint Eastwood
    The Good, The Bad and The Ugly

(Montgomery County)

That site was not quite what I expected.......... I honestly thought that it was a site dedicated to pistols that were the color pink.

Quote Originally Posted by icp4life162005 View Post
    That site was not quite what I expected.......... I honestly thought that it was a site dedicated to pistols that were the color pink.
    ROFL!!!

Actually, when the group here started a while back, we did have a few think tank talks in the chat, and one night the group came into topic and how many of the PA Pink Pistols where members here. I was quite surprised also, but they are pretty strong in their views and probably one of the more visible groups when it comes to Gun rights in Harrisburg.
    Skeet is a sport where you are better to hit half of each bird then completely blast one and miss the other completely.

The choice is yours, place your faith in the court system and 12 of your peers, or carried away by 6 friends.

Nemo Me Impune Lacessit. 'Nobody provokes me with impunity'
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig.
    Clint Eastwood
    The Good, The Bad and The Ugly

(Montgomery County)

I have no issues with anyone or there views(unless its domestic violence) but I will admit that I was not expecting it.

Eight to go...........

Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast