Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Philadelphia County)

Default New Holster! Blackhawk

hey wassup guys just picked up my new holster for my springfield xd9. i picked up a blackhawk OWB holster. i just gotta get use to wearing it now.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Default Re: New Holster! Blackhawk

I just bought a blackhawk for my xd sub compact also. Since its getting colder I figured I'd get something OWB since the coat will cover it anyways.

If you have problems with your xd rocking forward and back in the holster and the retention screw wont help, use to little sticky felt dots on the inside. That's what I had to do. I know it was secure in the holster but damn thats annoying when walking and you can feel your gun moving around.

(Philadelphia County)

yeah the rocking back and fourth does get annoying. any pics of where u put ur sticky dot at?

I put 3 little dots inside the holster underneath the trigger guard. If that doesnt stop the rocking, take out the passive retention device by removing the retention screw and put a small dot under that to raise it up a bit.

I tried taking pictures but you cant see anything with the crappy cell camera.

I have one of the old model early 90s I think.The new Blackhawk is awesome again,mine weighs much than yours.

(Somerset County)

You will like it, I just got mine in the mail on Friday and love it.

Quote Originally Posted by landyacht302 View Post
    I just bought a blackhawk for my xd sub compact also. Since its getting colder I figured I'd get something OWB since the coat will cover it anyways.

If you have problems with your xd rocking forward and back in the holster and the retention screw wont help, use to little sticky felt dots on the inside. That's what I had to do. I know it was secure in the holster but damn thats annoying when walking and you can feel your gun moving around.
    I'm glad that I'm not the only one with that problem. I will have to pick up some of those and give that a try. Great idea!

(Beaver County)

I have the same holster for my XD 45 and I love it! Maybe the XD 45 fits better than the 9 and 40s do but mine doesn't rock or move at all. I've carried it almost every day for the last year with this holster and I have very minimal holster wear too. I had a Fobus for my M9 and it scratched the slide the first time I put it in the POS! I hate Fobus holsters. I really like Blackhawk's retention system too. It allows for quick draw and puts your hand into the proper firing position. Enjoy it! I've obviously enjoyed mine . . .
    Last edited by Misery Loves Shotguns; January 1st, 2011 at 01:50 PM.

I'm glad that I'm not the only one with that problem. I will have to pick up some of those and give that a try. Great idea!
    Thanks

I made a post over on the XD forums when I got mine asking if anyone else with a blackhawk was having movement problems and someone suggested the sticky felt idea, so I cant take the credit

This after I contacted Blackhawk and they sent out a new passive retention part after that didnt do anything I tried out the felt idea and it's worked ever since.

(Bucks County)

hey i am interested in these holsters but do they cause wear on the guns finish?

(Westmoreland County)

Quote Originally Posted by paulpa21 View Post
    hey i am interested in these holsters but do they cause wear on the guns finish?
    I dont know about the wear being that I just got mine for x-mas but the uncle Mike's that I was using up to that point I lined with felt to eliminate that possibility.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast