Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Montgomery County)

Default HK p2000(sk) opinions

Anyone have either the p2000 or the subcompact version (sk)? Just looking for thoughts and opinions on these models.

I have a USPc in .45 and like it so was thinking of adding a HK 9mm or .40 in the future as well and the p2000 seemed promising.

Additionally, would you prefer the USP or p2000 over say a Sig 229?
    Just curious, thanks
    Now less Glock, more H&K :)

(Monroe County)

Default Re: HK p2000(sk) opinions

My primary carry for years was a P2000sk in .40. Absolutely loved that gun but wanted something else so it had to go.

I love the fully ambidextrous set up of the sk as well. I will probably own another one some day. Mine was LEM also, which is my preferred trigger set up.

My primary carry since I got rid of it, however, is the P229.
    Last edited by CHEMICAL; December 29th, 2010 at 12:37 AM.

(Bucks County)

My good friend shoots the 229 in 9mm and I think that it is one of the best feeling guns out there. My brother in law has the USPc and It feels a little top heavy. But I like XDs so I guess my opinion doesn't hold much...
    Last edited by ddefazio; December 28th, 2010 at 01:15 PM. Reason: spelling
    Look to the One Who is wearing what should have been your scars...

(Warren County)

I recently bought a used (but never fired) P2000SK in .40 S&W and in a very short time it has become my EDC. Several reasons for this:

1 - It has been 100% reliable with every ammo I've fed it; it shoots ammo my SIG P229 won't feed at all.

2 - I shoot it more accurately than any other pistol I own.

3 - I have the version with the LEM trigger and really like it. I feel safer with the exposed hammer because I can holster the weapon by pushing it in with my thumb on the hammer. Long but light trigger pull and a very short reset for follow-up shots.

4 - It carries well - disappears in a Comp-Tac MTAC IWB holster. It comes out of the holster and on target quickly and I have a good grip - it just works well with that holster.

5 - It has a lot if magazine options - I have one 9 round mag set up with a flat base-plate which makes it easier to carry and conceal. I have another P2000 magazine with 12 round capacity and an X-Grip "filler" which makes it ideal as a range gun - giving you a bit more to hang on to.

6 - Very well made and finished. The finish of the bore has to be seen to be believed (shows what hammer forging can do!).

The mag release seemed strange at first but I have actually grown used to it and can reload faster than with the more normal thumb operated mag release of other pistols.

If this gun disappeared over night I would replace it with one just like it as soon as I could manage to. It was one of the best firearm purchases I've ever made. I also have a P229 in .40 and that too is a beautiful pistol - but I much prefer the P2000SK.

(Monroe County)

If the SK grip is too short for you, please know that you can use USP compact mags in it with the X-Grip. Puts it up to a 12 round capacity in .40 and I BELIEVE 13 rounds for 9mm.
    Attached Images Attached Images

(Monroe County)

Absolutely wonderful guns.

I am currently looking for a p2000sk lem with 40 and 357 barrels myself.

I found both triggers to be terrible to me so the triggers are on a scale to me.. The Glock was a crisper suck and the XD was a more mushy suck. They are in the same family, SR9 (heavy suck), Glock (crisp heavy suck), XD( lighter mushy suck), M&P(heavy mushy suck).

Great semi auto but too expensive. If you want one of the best the H&K P2000 is a good one. Price a concern I'd stick with my Glock 19 or 23.
    But no doubt the P2000 is a great gun.

(Philadelphia County)

I've had a P2000 since 06' and it is still my EDC gun. I carry 13-round mags with the extended base plate as I have larger hands and the flat bases feel 'off' to me. It also has 3 (or four) interchangeable back-straps so you can adjust it very easily to your hand-size and/or grip. LEM trigger is a MUST imho.

It IS a bit pricey, but it's an HK and you get what you pay for. (FYI I've seen them as low as $600, not sure about the SK version) It runs ANY ammo I've ever fed it and will work reliably dirty, very dirty. In almost five years I've never had a FTF, FTE or malfunction of ANY kind. Not one!

Personally, I like the P2K better than my USP Comp because it's a bit slimmer which makes it easier to conceal and much more comfortable when carried IWB.

And a hearty +1 to everything JR956678 said. If you decide to go with the HK I can assure you that you won't regret it. Like I said, if you're in a position to spend the money for it, you won't be disappointed.

(Bucks County)

Just curious as to why you are looking at something like that when you have a G23?
    Look to the One Who is wearing what should have been your scars...

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by ddefazio View Post
    Just curious as to why you are looking at something like that when you have a G23?
    Why you ask?
    I say why not?

See my op

I have a USP and once you own an HK firearm, you'll know why. They're nice guns.

I still have a G23 and I'm not about to abandon Glock by no means, but eventually I would like to add another top tier gun like a HK, or possibly a Sig 229.

Also on my list is a .38 s&w snubbie, colt 1911, etc, etc...
    Now less Glock, more H&K :)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast