Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (York County)

Default Concealed carry in a bank...

As I've said before I am new to this forumn. The reason why is I just got my LTCF last week. I exercised my 2nd ammendment right today for the first time. I had to take a fairly large amount of cash to the bank so I figured why not carry. I have the permit so there is no reason not to carry. Then when I pulled into the bank parking lot it dawned on me, I wonder if there are any laws on CC in banks. I would think not because of the fact that there are tons of people that walk in and out of banks every day and I'm sure that there are a percentage of them carrying. I did pay close attention to the doors as I walked in and did not notice any signs saying not to.
    Just wondering if anybody has had any issues with this.

(Jefferson County)

Default Re: Concealed carry in a bank...

Did you read the sticky posts?

This post lists the off-limits places. If it isn't in the list, then it isn't illegal in PA.

http://forum.pafoa.org/concealed-ope...nsylvania.html

Note though, a bank is private property and can post their properties which would then be trespassing.
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515

Don't end up in my signature!

(Erie County)

The bank where I did company business at, installed a metal detector in the vestibule. If the green light came on, the inner door was unlocked automatically. If red, then a desk person had to determine if it was safe to allow you access.

I carried fifty, sixty dollars of rolled coin thru the detector and get a green light. Then, I would have all cash, and get a red light. Obviously someone was adjusting the sensitivity of the detector. I never carried at work, or to this bank, but the tellers thought that I did, and would even ask me.

The bank did get robbed once when the perp wielded a knife that he was able to carry thru the detector. The vestibule was such that the perp could be trapped inside, because one door had to be completely closed before the other would open. The perp must have known this, he took a teller as hostage to get out of the bank.

The perp was apprehended later that day, because he used his landlord's vehicle to run this errand. A witness spotted the license of the vehicle. The perp was discovered, asleep in his bed, with the money under the bed.
    The teller was not harmed.

The bank was closed several years later.

I have never been in any other bank that employed the use of a metal detector.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggies Coach View Post
    Cause white people are awesome. Happy now......LOL.

(Westmoreland County)

Quote Originally Posted by Amazon Hunter View Post
    As I've said before I am new to this forumn. The reason why is I just got my LTCF last week. I exercised my 2nd ammendment right today for the first time. I had to take a fairly large amount of cash to the bank so I figured why not carry. I have the permit so there is no reason not to carry. Then when I pulled into the bank parking lot it dawned on me, I wonder if there are any laws on CC in banks. I would think not because of the fact that there are tons of people that walk in and out of banks every day and I'm sure that there are a percentage of them carrying. I did pay close attention to the doors as I walked in and did not notice any signs saying not to.
    Just wondering if anybody has had any issues with this.
    Unless it's posted on your bank's door, you are good to go. I once OC'd to my bank and the only thing notable was a teller asked me what kind of gun I was wearing.

(Philadelphia County)

i dont carry into my bank cause i have citizens and they have metal detectors and i dont feel like dealing with the hassle.

(Northampton County)

I've CCed in banks more times than I can remember over the past 24 or so years. I never had any problem.....ever.

(Monroe County)

It's perfectly legal, I even OC in my bank
    ONE TO THE HEAD!!!!

(Mercer County)

I've been CCing since '68. I can't remember the number of times I have carried into banks. Never had a problem. I just returned to the house from the bank before posting this
    The oracle is in. Age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill!!

(Washington County)

I had to take a fairly large amount of cash to the bank so I figured why not carry.
    Your life is worth more than that cash, so why not carry everywhere you take it?

(Cumberland County)

Unless they employ a metal detector or TSA style body scanners, concealed is concealed.

Here is the view I take when I CC into a bank:
    Be courteous and polite. Speak clearly and make your business at the bank easy for others to discern. This way, if you print or your pistol becomes visible as you move around, people will be less likely to freak out over the presence of a gun.
    Soap Box - Worn out : Ballot Box - Broken : Jury Box - Pending : Ammunition Box - Unknown

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast