Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Luzerne County)

Default retentive holster question

hey guys i just turned 21 last week and picked up a taurus 709 slim today to carry and now i need a IWB holster. i need a holster that is gonna hold onto the gun bc im a mechanic/ towtruck driver so i often find myself crawling around in a ditch and other various not so nice places at an accident scene and the last thing i need is my gun coming out of its holster. i was looking at the crossbreed supertucks ive heard alot of good about them. but does anyone have any other holsters i should look into? thanks

(Montgomery County)

Default Re: retentive holster question

As a Crossbreed Supertuck owner, I say do not waste your time looking elsewhere. Get the Supertuck and never look back. For your job and days being out in the rain where your more prone to get wet than the average guy, opt for the cowhide option.

Be safe out there.

(Luzerne County)

Quote Originally Posted by DaveFromPA View Post
    As a Crossbreed Supertuck owner, I say do not waste your time looking elsewhere. Get the Supertuck and never look back. For your job and days being out in the rain where your more prone to get wet than the average guy, opt for the cowhide option.

Be safe out there.
    wouldnt you mean horsehide? their website says the horse hide has better water resistant properties? or do you have a real life experience reason?

I'll second the recommendation for the Crossbreed. As far as retention, it should hold the gun fine. I've never had any problems with mine.

I got the horsehide. It's only a few bucks more & is supposed to be more water resistant.
    "It's hard to imagine a more stupid or more dangerous way of making decisions than by putting those decisions in the hands of people who pay no price for being wrong."
    Thomas Sowell

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by whitejohn View Post
    wouldnt you mean horsehide? their website says the horse hide has better water resistant properties? or do you have a real life experience reason?
    I did mean horsehide. Thank you for the correction.

(Monroe County)

For your case i would recommend a shoulder holster, much more comfortable while sitting and driving in your tow truck and wont have to worry about your pants riding down while you are bending down, crawling on the ground trying to hook up a car and so on .

(Luzerne County)

Quote Originally Posted by mrnyman View Post
    For your case i would recommend a shoulder holster, much more comfortable while sitting and driving in your tow truck and wont have to worry about your pants riding down while you are bending down, crawling on the ground trying to hook up a car and so on .
    alright well im definatly gonna order a crossbreed tonight for atleast carry outside of work. is there any shoulder holster you would recommend? i have an uncle mikes for my 357 and its junk ive had to fix it several times