Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Butler County)

Default Beretta 9000S 9mm

Just pulled the trigger and purchased my first handgun, the Beretta 9000S in 9mm. Was looking at a .40 or .45 but settled for a 9mm as my first. Bought this used with two mags and a Don Hume holster for $365.00. I plan on eventually teaching my boys to shoot which was another reason for the 9mm. Do you out there think this was a good purchase? The guy at Millers in New Castle, I believe his name is Mike, was fantastic in helping me with this purchase.

(Monroe County)

Default Re: Beretta 9000S 9mm

While I am not personally familiar with the 9000s model I have shot many a Beretta and they make fantastic firearms. Sounds like you got a great deal and I always enjoyed a 9mm. Cheap range ammo and a wide selection of great defensive ammunition. Good luck and get those boys out to the range.

(Monroe County)

Taurus.38 keep in mind that the Beretta 9000 is the most hated Beretta ever, i dont know why, it seem like a fine gun to me, most people complain about the trigger.

I have never shot one but i have handled one at the funstore, let us know how you like it after you shoot it.

$365 sounds like a good deal as the new one are much more than that.

Nyman

(Lancaster County)

I have the 9000 in 40 s&w. At first I did not like it. The grip was ackward to get use to, it was thick for conceal carry, just didnt care for it. The more I carried it and shot it the better I liked it. I ended up putting night sights on it and ordered a custom holster and generally like it now.
    I have no problem with the trigger at all. Overall its a will made gun. Congrats on your purchase.
    No longer posting

(Butler County)

Quote Originally Posted by mrnyman View Post
    Taurus.38 keep in mind that the Beretta 9000 is the most hated Beretta ever, i dont know why, it seem like a fine gun to me, most people complain about the trigger.

I have never shot one but i have handled one at the funstore, let us know how you like it after you shoot it.

$365 sounds like a good deal as the new one are much more than that.

Nyman
    That is the same comment the gentleman told me at the store...he said mainly due to the grip and trigger. I found the grip to be very comfortable and the trigger managable. The prior owner was a undercover narc, so I believe that if it was good enough for him for 2-3 years it should be good for my home and CC needs.

(Bucks County)

they're good guns and ignore any critisizims from anyone who comes along bashing the 9000s. i had one in 40 cal and it was a great range gun but because of it's thickness it didn't suit me as a carry gun. the 9000s is just as reliable and accurate as any of beretta's other guns but it never gained popularity and acceptance like the 92's. i think you got a good gun at a decent price so enjoy.

(Butler County)

Quote Originally Posted by taurus.38 View Post
    That is the same comment the gentleman told me at the store...he said mainly due to the grip and trigger. I found the grip to be very comfortable and the trigger managable.
    Much of that is personal preference so I wouldn't worry too much about it. I have a Beretta 96FS (the .40S&W version of the 92FS) and I love it, mostly because it has a thicker grip. For example, I find (stock) Glocks too small for my hands and it actually hurts after shooting enough at one time but that's just personal preference - many people will tell you the opposite. If it feels good in your hands, then don't lose sleep over it.

9mm is a good choice for beginning shooters - not terribly expensive but gets you the feel of a higher-powered cartridge.

$365 sounds like you got a fantastic deal to me.

Sounds like a good deal. The shorter barrel of the 9000 requires a little more skill than a 5" barreled 92, when it comes to straight up "X" shooting, that is, but it will be good for basic learning, none the less. You can shoot it a lot and trade later for a different pistol, if you choose. Not everone buys a pistol to carry it.

(Berks County)

I carry a 9000s in a crossbreed supertuck...not that bad of a carry....little beefy but comfortable.

Quote Originally Posted by Kodiak View Post
    I carry a 9000s in a crossbreed supertuck...not that bad of a carry....little beefy but comfortable.

It gets my vote.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast