Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 88 of 94 FirstFirst ... 3878848586878889909192 ... LastLast
    Stone's throw from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    (Butler County)

Default Re: State Constables, the best kept secret in PA.

Quote Originally Posted by JDA58 View Post
    So how do Constables get paid or make money? is it by the cow? ( ) or every time you respond to a call you get X$ ???
    Prime cuts?

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by scruff View Post
    Prime cuts?
    with the cost of beef going way up.... that may not be a bad thing!!! But really it was a real question? Just wondering how things work

(Washington County)

Quote Originally Posted by JDA58 View Post
    So how do Constables get paid or make money? is it by the cow? ( ) or every time you respond to a call you get X$ ???
    You don't get paid for "cow calls", that's just a part of being a constable. You get paid anytime you do something under a court order or for the courts (picking up fugitives aka serving warrants, serving papers, courtroom security, transporting prisoners, etc) or any private work you do, such as serving papers for the local township or attorneys, security work for private businesses, etc.
    Washington County Machine Guns & Tactical Range -- CMP Affiliated Club -- FFL 07 / FFL 10 / FEL 20 / SOT 02 / ITAR
    Largest MG Rental Business on the entire East Coast. M2HB, M9 Flamethrower, M67 Grenades, M240 Bravo, M249 SAW, M1919, RPD, M60, Bowling Ball Mortar.
    Now offering High-Explosive Classes (Open to the Public)

(Allegheny County)

Thanks

I received notification that I won the election. Go me. I have a lot of reading to do!

Are there any known dealers who offer LE pricing to uncertified constables? The only fullsize handgun I own is in 10mm unfortunately. Pricing Colt S70s/S&W M&Ps/Springfield HiPowers.

How much is insurance costing you (roughly) each year?

I do need to read up on private work that constables may take on. I may be very interested. Of couse I'll need to be certified.

Stone's throw from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    (Butler County)

Quote Originally Posted by PlaidShirt View Post
    I received notification that I won the election. Go me. I have a lot of reading to do!

Are there any known dealers who offer LE pricing to uncertified constables? The only fullsize handgun I own is in 10mm unfortunately. Pricing Colt S70s/S&W M&Ps/Springfield HiPowers.

I do need to read up on private work that constables may take on. I may be very interested. Of couse I'll need to be certified.
    Congrats! I think I paid between $400 - $450 this year for insurance. As for LEO discounts, I've always used my PCCD card. My county gives out paper cards that are good for the 6-year term. It's kind of cheesy, and I'd have to add my own picture and laminate it, so I've never used it for anything. You should also get a certificate of election from your county, maybe you could use that for the LEO discount. You definitely want to get your duty gun before taking the basic firearms training. You'll be locked into carrying whatever gun you qualify with for an entire year.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by scruff View Post
    Congrats! I think I paid between $400 - $450 this year for insurance. As for LEO discounts, I've always used my PCCD card. My county gives out paper cards that are good for the 6-year term. It's kind of cheesy, and I'd have to add my own picture and laminate it, so I've never used it for anything. You should also get a certificate of election from your county, maybe you could use that for the LEO discount. You definitely want to get your duty gun before taking the basic firearms training. You'll be locked into carrying whatever gun you qualify with for an entire year.
    Republic Underwriters is the insurance that most constables I know use. Some don't like it and use other companies. My county also does the cheesy card that you have to supply your own picture and laminate it. My county also hands out a cheesy badge as well, but I bought the one I used as my user icon. You'll need to take a picture or scan your election certificate for most places to make you a badge.

Good luck!

You will definitely need ID for an LE purchase. I just ordered the Springfield SA-35 from a distributor, they are available, but going to retail customers first. A friend already has his and paid over $800 for it. MSRP is $699, LE price on the SA-35, is $541.

I doubt you’ll find any new series 70 Colts at LE prices or retail for that matter. Your more likely finding a Glock and M&P’s at both LE and retail. No matter, you’ll need the ID for the discount. Good luck!

(Westmoreland County)

Anyone have experience with the CCARN (constable radio network) from 911INet and sponsors by the Commonwealth Constables Association? I*m wondering about coverage in SW Pa rural areas.

I was told I'm getting sworn in later this month. Anything I should expect? I was only told a time and a courtroom. I'm sure it varies by County.

I planned on dressing nicely, khakis and a professional shirt/sweater. No tie or uniform.

Anyone have family attend? I'd prefer mine didn't lol

Page 88 of 94 FirstFirst ... 3878848586878889909192 ... LastLast