Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 81 of 81 FirstFirst ... 31717778798081
Results 801 to 808 of 808
  1. #801
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Quakertown, Pennsylvania
    (Bucks County)
    Posts
    1,184
    Rep Power
    21474846

    Default Re: State Constables, the best kept secret in PA.

    Our lasershot unit didn't work last weekend in the SE region. We did more scenarios.

  2. #802
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Stone's throw from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    (Butler County)
    Posts
    5,322
    Rep Power
    21474851

    Default Re: State Constables, the best kept secret in PA.

    Quote Originally Posted by WCMG View Post
    Yesterday I attended our yearly Constable Continuing Education Class. Surprisingly informative and educational on all types of force and the laws we fall under. I always enjoy the laser shoot practice and PAFOA member Scruff was my partner for that training. The one scenario was attempting to arrest a small-build woman and when she charged at him, he simply stepped back and detained her, when the instructor asked, "Why didn't you pepper spray her?" Scruff replied, "Why would I? she's small enough I could easily control her." Good answer! Scruff was a great training partner for the day and neither one of us every drew our blue practice guns during the training.

    All in all, definitely worthwhile training and look forward to the yearly handgun qualification on April 4th.
    And in WCMG's simulation, we served an arrest warrant on a guy who wanted to grab his jacket, and he got the guy in cuffs without letting him get to a small .357 IN the jacket. Thanks for saving our bacon, WCMG!

    The instructors spent more time this year discussing the results of each simulation. For mine, he even asked if I should have used the dummy OC spray they gave us, and then he replayed the simulation again. I didn't change my mind the second time around - she was small, had no weapon, I wouldn't have had the time to get the OC spray off my belt, and I wanted my hands up so I could grab or deflect her.

    It was nice partnering with another poofer, and it was funny that all of the instructors know WCMG. I guess owning a machine gun range will do that, lol!

    Quote Originally Posted by t1066 View Post
    Our lasershot unit didn't work last weekend in the SE region. We did more scenarios.
    That sucks! Not a surprise for our new low-budget training, though.

  3. #803
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Quakertown, Pennsylvania
    (Bucks County)
    Posts
    1,184
    Rep Power
    21474846

    Default Re: State Constables, the best kept secret in PA.

    Quote Originally Posted by scruff View Post
    That sucks! Not a surprise for our new low-budget training, though.
    I can't fault the instructors though. They picked the unit up a couple of weeks ago in Harrisburg and went through and documented the correct setup procedures. Then they took it to the training site the week before the class and set it up using the documented procedures and it worked fine. Then for our class, following the same procedures, it just didn't work. There was even a senior PCCD staff member there to observe and they weren't able to get it to work either, and verified the instructors were following the proper setup.

  4. #804
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Stone's throw from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    (Butler County)
    Posts
    5,322
    Rep Power
    21474851

    Default Re: State Constables, the best kept secret in PA.

    Our judge of elections told me that he had Trump signs stolen from his yard, he had to call the police the second time a deranged neighbor wouldn't stop screaming threats and obscenities from the sidewalk outside his house, and he's gotten threatening emails. TDS is even infecting Mayberry here.

    I always dress business casual for election details - polo shirt and chinos, badge and gun on my belt. For this election, I told the judge of elections that I'll come in full uniform with all my gear. He was VERY appreciative.

    Just curious, what is everyone else planning for your election details - status quo or gearing up?

  5. #805
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Quakertown, Pennsylvania
    (Bucks County)
    Posts
    1,184
    Rep Power
    21474846

    Default Re: State Constables, the best kept secret in PA.

    Quote Originally Posted by scruff View Post
    Our judge of elections told me that he had Trump signs stolen from his yard, he had to call the police the second time a deranged neighbor wouldn't stop screaming threats and obscenities from the sidewalk outside his house, and he's gotten threatening emails. TDS is even infecting Mayberry here.

    I always dress business casual for election details - polo shirt and chinos, badge and gun on my belt. For this election, I told the judge of elections that I'll come in full uniform with all my gear. He was VERY appreciative.

    Just curious, what is everyone else planning for your election details - status quo or gearing up?
    I have always shown up in full uniform. My JoE has always appreciated it, and has actually had other JoE's ask him how they could get a constable too.

    Never had a problem at our polls since I've been there, and haven't heard of any complaints about me being in uniform, with badge and gun.

  6. #806
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Stone's throw from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    (Butler County)
    Posts
    5,322
    Rep Power
    21474851

    Default Re: State Constables, the best kept secret in PA.

    Quote Originally Posted by t1066 View Post
    I have always shown up in full uniform. My JoE has always appreciated it, and has actually had other JoE's ask him how they could get a constable too.

    Never had a problem at our polls since I've been there, and haven't heard of any complaints about me being in uniform, with badge and gun.
    I don't expect any complaints either. In the past, though, I never even considered the need for a Taser, OC spray or body armor at the polls. In 2020 Bizarroland, I'm thinking "why wouldn't I?"

  7. #807
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Cranberry Twp, Pennsylvania
    (Butler County)
    Posts
    375
    Rep Power
    15559745

    Default Re: State Constables, the best kept secret in PA.

    Quote Originally Posted by scruff View Post
    I don't expect any complaints either. In the past, though, I never even considered the need for a Taser, OC spray or body armor at the polls. In 2020 Bizarroland, I'm thinking "why wouldn't I?"
    What location do you typically patrol scruff?
    -Brandon


  8. #808
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Stone's throw from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    (Butler County)
    Posts
    5,322
    Rep Power
    21474851

    Default Re: State Constables, the best kept secret in PA.

    Quote Originally Posted by pens87pgh View Post
    What location do you typically patrol scruff?
    Harmony.

Page 81 of 81 FirstFirst ... 31717778798081

Similar Threads

  1. state to state private person gun transfer
    By Punisher in forum General
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: March 15th, 2014, 08:07 AM
  2. First Annual PAFOA Member Secret Santa Event!
    By NineseveN in forum General
    Replies: 42
    Last Post: December 18th, 2007, 01:49 PM
  3. New SH*T in the state
    By larrymeyer in forum General
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: November 27th, 2007, 11:55 AM
  4. Replies: 1
    Last Post: September 25th, 2007, 10:08 AM
  5. moving to new state
    By rdvs87 in forum General
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: November 12th, 2006, 06:55 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •