Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 71 of 94 FirstFirst ... 216167686970717273747581 ... LastLast

Default Re: State Constables, the best kept secret in PA.

I bought some TQ19 targets to go though some of the qual stuff ahead of time. I cant believe how big they are......

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by BenFoo View Post
    I bought some TQ19 targets to go though some of the qual stuff ahead of time. I cant believe how big they are......
    I used to have a course of fire for myself that prepared me pretty well for the quals.

1) Stack two barrels at 25 yards, start left of the barrels. Draw and step right behind "cover," then shoot two rounds from behind cover on the left side, go to low ready, shoot two rounds from behind cover on the right side, go to low ready, and shoot two rounds from behind cover on the left side again, then change mags and holster hot. Repeat the mirror image: start from the right of cover, then shoot two rounds each from the right, left, and right.

2) Go in to 3 yards (yes, three! No further than 5, no matter what). Draw to position 2 only, shoot the silhouette twice, and reholster. Repeat two more times, then change mags and holster hot.

3) Stand at 7 yards (10 is good), then draw fully and shoot twice with your dominant hand, transfer to your non-dominant hand and shoot once, transfer back and reholster. Repeat, change mags and holster hot.

That's 24 rounds; the course of fire is 60. It covers all the key skills, and mostly skips the repetitive bits at intermediate ranges. If you want to do an even 30 rounds, add two Mozambiques at 10-15 yards. Score two points for gray, one for black, and zero otherwise. A score of 37 (46 if you do 30 rounds) means you should pass (with no margin of safety), and a score of 44 (54 if you do 30) means you should have no trouble getting into the advanced class and staying there. I highly recommend advanced: it's more fun and you hobnob with better shooters.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by BenFoo View Post

Only "in the gray" counts in case you didn't know.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam-12 View Post
    I used to have a course of fire for myself that prepared me pretty well for the quals.

1) Stack two barrels at 25 yards, start left of the barrels. Draw and step right behind "cover," then shoot two rounds from behind cover on the left side, go to low ready, shoot two rounds from behind cover on the right side, go to low ready, and shoot two rounds from behind cover on the left side again, then change mags and holster hot. Repeat the mirror image: start from the right of cover, then shoot two rounds each from the right, left, and right.

2) Go in to 3 yards (yes, three! No further than 5, no matter what). Draw to position 2 only, shoot the silhouette twice, and reholster. Repeat two more times, then change mags and holster hot.

3) Stand at 7 yards (10 is good), then draw fully and shoot twice with your dominant hand, transfer to your non-dominant hand and shoot once, transfer back and reholster. Repeat, change mags and holster hot.

That's 24 rounds; the course of fire is 60. It covers all the key skills, and mostly skips the repetitive bits at intermediate ranges. If you want to do an even 30 rounds, add two Mozambiques at 10-15 yards. Score two points for gray, one for black, and zero otherwise. A score of 37 (46 if you do 30 rounds) means you should pass (with no margin of safety), and a score of 44 (54 if you do 30) means you should have no trouble getting into the advanced class and staying there. I highly recommend advanced: it's more fun and you hobnob with better shooters.
    Thanks. I have a comp timer as well that i wanted to start setting. Should be some good stuff to add into what im already doing.

Quote Originally Posted by SteelCityK9Cop View Post
    Yup. I do realize that. Still a pretty big area for a 25y max, IMO.

Yeah, but how do you get the bad guys to wear the gray silhouette so you know where to shoot them?

(Allegheny County)

Unless they've changed it, grey is 2 points, black is 1.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by HiredGoon View Post
    Yeah, but how do you get the bad guys to wear the gray silhouette so you know where to shoot them?
    Aim small, miss small...

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Adam-12 View Post
    Unless they've changed it, grey is 2 points, black is 1.
    It looked like you were shooting the same course of fire we shoot (MPOETC) with a quick look.. if that's the case it's 1 for each in the gray and 0 for the Black. If you get 2/1 better for some of those ancient guys.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by HiredGoon View Post
    Don't start!!! You should see the controversy that started over the "real life" targets that just happened to be "you know". They had to disappear one day in case an issue came up that we were training to shoot "you know". I shit you not!

Page 71 of 94 FirstFirst ... 216167686970717273747581 ... LastLast