Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 51 of 94 FirstFirst ... 4147484950515253545561 ... LastLast
    (Bucks County)

Default Re: State Constables, the best kept secret in PA.

Quote Originally Posted by WCMG View Post
    Congrats!! I also just won the Constable position in my township. Here's what I have done so far:

1: Filed my financial and ethics forms plus paid the $10 fee with Elections office.
    2: Sign up for an account with PCCD at: https://www.pccdcis.pa.gov/CCETS/Login.aspx
    3: Ordered a badge
    4: Check out this webpage for lots of useful info: http://www.pccd.pa.gov/training/Page...x#.VloGStKrSt9
    5: Read this: http://www.pccd.pa.gov/training/Docu...LE%20GUIDE.pdf

That will get you started.
    Thank you. That was very useful!

(Bucks County)

Wow, I'm glad I didn't wait.

Enrollment for classes started at 8am, and my area only had 8 seats left for first year classes by 8:30 when I logged in. Now there is 1 seat left. Next first year classes aren't until August!

Edit: Annnndddd.....it's gone.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by t1066 View Post
    Sorry to revive this thread, but it seemed appropriate.

I won as a write in this election, and just got the certification letter from the Election Board. I know the swearing in is in January, but do they mail you the information, or how do you find out where it is done?
    Congrats.

Not sure how they operate in your county, but in Berks... You can make some quick easy money if you get into night court.
    Berks has a night court with a judge, secretary and usually two constables at all times.
    When a cop pulls over a guy who has multiple scofflaw warrants, and brings them in to night court, the on-duty constable gets the credit for the warrant service.
    I brought in a guy one night with 32 warrants.....the constable was very happy. I get paid per hour, he gets paid per warrant.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grey Bearded One View Post
    He's allowed because he's special.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by jw34 View Post
    Congrats.

Not sure how they operate in your county, but in Berks... You can make some quick easy money if you get into night court.
    Berks has a night court with a judge, secretary and usually two constables at all times.
    When a cop pulls over a guy who has multiple scofflaw warrants, and brings them in to night court, the on-duty constable gets the credit for the warrant service.
    I brought in a guy one night with 32 warrants.....the constable was very happy. I get paid per hour, he gets paid per warrant.
    Talk about corruption.... that's theft.

(Lancaster County)

What's the deal in the news about constables and warrants? I didn't pay attention but it sounded like Constables would no longer be serving warrants?

(Dauphin County)

Quote Originally Posted by Mitch10mm View Post
    What's the deal in the news about constables and warrants? I didn't pay attention but it sounded like Constables would no longer be serving warrants?
    I think it was Lancaster County that said they would start using sheriff's deputies instead. They presented it as a cost-saving measure for the taxpayers, which makes no sense since constables are self-funding (they buy their own equipment and insurance and aren't paid a salary) through fees paid by those served with warrants. (Or so I recall.)

They're going to hire a bunch of deputies at full salary and benefits to replace constables who've been doing the work at little or no cost to the general taxpayer.
    I am not a lawyer. Nothing I say or write is legal advice.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by twency View Post
    I think it was Lancaster County that said they would start using sheriff's deputies instead. They presented it as a cost-saving measure for the taxpayers, which makes no sense since constables are self-funding (they buy their own equipment and insurance and aren't paid a salary) through fees paid by those served with warrants. (Or so I recall.)

They're going to hire a bunch of deputies at full salary and benefits to replace constables who've been doing the work at little or no cost to the general taxpayer.
    Not if its a County Warrant... that money comes from the county not the offender. There are other examples listed in this article...

http://lancasteronline.com/news/loca...0f8edf073.html

And that's why the Berks County shenanigans my Cousin JW pointed out are so bad... the coppers bring these guys in on warrants and the Constables are signing over the warrants and submitting them for payment when they didn't really serve the warrants.
    Last edited by Deleted; December 1st, 2015 at 12:25 PM.

(Washington County)

Quote Originally Posted by t1066 View Post
    Wow, I'm glad I didn't wait.

Enrollment for classes started at 8am, and my area only had 8 seats left for first year classes by 8:30 when I logged in. Now there is 1 seat left. Next first year classes aren't until August!

Edit: Annnndddd.....it's gone.
    Thanks for the update, after reading your post I jumped on and signed up for my classes.
    Washington County Machine Guns & Tactical Range -- CMP Affiliated Club -- FFL 07 / FFL 10 / FEL 20 / SOT 02 / ITAR
    Largest MG Rental Business on the entire East Coast. M2HB, M9 Flamethrower, M67 Grenades, M240 Bravo, M249 SAW, M1919, RPD, M60, Bowling Ball Mortar.
    Now offering High-Explosive Classes (Open to the Public)

(Fayette County)

So, if my Burrogh does not currently have a constable, I would have to wait 6 years from now to run for office?
    6 years is a long time, there's no way for a burrogh to have a temporary constable in the meantime?

Stone's throw from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    (Butler County)

Quote Originally Posted by Ricochet View Post
    So, if my Burrogh does not currently have a constable, I would have to wait 6 years from now to run for office?
    6 years is a long time, there's no way for a burrogh to have a temporary constable in the meantime?
    You can petition to be appointed to the vacant office. There's nothing temporary about it - once you're sworn in, you're the official office holder through the balance of the term of office. Your county board of elections should be able to tell you when the current term is up, and they can point you in the right direction for getting a petition going.

Page 51 of 94 FirstFirst ... 4147484950515253545561 ... LastLast