Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Default Re: PAFOA/PMCS Group Shoot #47

Quote Originally Posted by falcn View Post
    Is there a pictoral review up on the Gun Pictures forum of this weapon?
    DAO for Shawn!?

Wow sounds cool! A DA that acts like a SA pistol after the first trigger pull.....

http://www.outdoors.net/Firearms/Article/901
    After firing an LEM-equipped H&K USP pistol, the slide cycles faster than the shooter can release the trigger. This occurs in all semiauto pistols. If one fires the LEM pistol, and keeps the trigger back after firing, the hammer remains back! At this point, the shooter can let the trigger go forward just a short distance; the trigger will reset, the hammer will stay to the rear, and the pistol will be ready to fire again. If this is done repeatedly, firing the pistol will be just like firing a pistol in SA mode. There will be short trigger pulls of about 5 lbs, short resets, and hammer staying cocked after each shot. However, if the shooter lets the trigger go all the way forward after firing it, the hammer will go forward to its normal just-off-the-firing-pin position. At this point, the pistol will be in the same condition that it was after initially loading, and it may be safely holstered. Although the internal hammer remains cocked, letting the trigger go forward is almost like "decocking" the external hammer, but without having to manipulate a decocking lever.

Sounds complicated...

Not sure if I'm in for this one or not. If I do show, I'll bring the coffee percolators (I really should just leave one of them up in the shed).

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas View Post
    Sounds complicated...

Not sure if I'm in for this one or not. If I do show, I'll bring the coffee percolators (I really should just leave one of them up in the shed).
    Sounds good. I've looked at it and it's only complicated on paper. Basically you load it and pull the trigger. If you get a dud round and pull the trigger again, it is a heavier pull. Except you won't do that because you would tap, rack, bang.

(Allegheny County)

Im not sure about what info your getting but the LEM is one consistant trigger pull all the time.

Theres some good discussion from guys about the P30 here:
    http://www.firearmstrainingandtactic...read.php?t=750

To summarize my thoughts on the gun:
    The interchangable backstraps and side panels (S,M,L on 3 sides) allow to fit the gun to your hand and shooting style, its pretty neat.
    Its dead nuts reliable, and long term. Look at Todd Green's blog on his Hk high round count guns, http://pistol-training.com/archives/2668 its crazy impressive the amount of long term and high volume use these things can sustain. Speaking with Larry Vickers he told me when he consulted for Hk that it was one of the only times where engineers would say "so and so part can take x#-rounds before replacement" and the guys in charge would say "you need to double that" as opposed to other companies where the emphasis was about how you could cut .00001 cents off the manufacturing cost to each small part.
    The LEM trigger is usuable. It doesnt get me hard or anything, and its not something that you pull and smile, but it works. The takeup is crazy light and the break is at 4.5 pounds, its a DA so theres decent amounts of trigger movement but its light, smooth, and consistant. If you reset during recoil the takeup doesnt matter much, its not something thats forgiving if you have a habit of slapping the trigger. I didnt find it an issue to move to from a 1911, although it does take some getting used to and Im not quite as fast with it yet.
    Yes, it has a high bore axis, but its a 9mm and it has some crazy overengineered recoild reducing shit going on. Its very controlable under recoil.

I will note mine is an LS. The L is Long slide, another .50 of barrel, and the S is Safety as it has a 1911 style thumb safety which I prefer.

It has true ambi controls and the mag release is intergral to the trigger guard. Pretty neat and it allows dropping mags without changing the firing grip on the gun, which may be more important to guys with shorter thumbs.

Id be more than happy to let you run it some, or anyone who wants to. Mine rides in a www.atomicdogholsters.com WML holster with a TLR-3. Now that the cats out of the bag and Brian has WML's mentioned on his site I can mention that, this was a T&E and its a great holster and a great combo with the light. The TLR-3 is the perfect size as it doesnt add bulk to the holster profile and so can be actuallt reasonably carried without feeling like you have a 6" hoagie on your belt.
    Last edited by Shawn.L; December 24th, 2010 at 04:18 PM.

(Beaver County)

Just wanted to say:

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO EVERYONE!

Hope you have a fun and safe day!

(Allegheny County)

In... yeehaw!

Anyone know if there are any public events going on this week? I was hoping to get some trigger time in while I'm home on leave till the first
    "See, this side is well roasted; turn me on the other and eat." St. Lawrence

(Allegheny County)

Welcome home, dude!!!
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    Welcome home, dude!!!
    Thanks man lovin being home. Seems nothing has changed since I left
    "See, this side is well roasted; turn me on the other and eat." St. Lawrence

(Butler County)

Default Shoot house, any pics..

any pics of the shoot house and are full autos and suppressors permited(not in the shoot house but that would be great). Just wondering what goes on at the group shoot sounds like fun all the same!

AFAIK no full auto, suppressors are welcome.

Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast