Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Clinton County)

Thumbs down New to Pennsylvania

Good morning;

My name is John (Himself) and I moved to Lock Haven a year ago from the mountians of Colorado. I have been a supporter of the 2nd. But I have never owned a gun. However, in these times, I believe that I should purchase a handgun. I have used handguns in the military, many years ago.

I need to find an honest dealer in Williamsport, since there are none here in Lock Haven. I need a gun course to help me get familiar with the weapon.

Would, like to meet gun owners in this area. I don't travel much, but will.

Thanks

(Clearfield County)

Default Re: New to Pennsylvania

I can't help you with dealers in williamsport but I can tell you that you've found the best place to start.PAFOA is great,there are many helpfull people on here and you will learn alot just by reading the fourms.I'm sure someone close to williamsport will help you out.Welcome to PA and welcome to PAFOA.
    Steve

(Clinton County)

Smile Re: New to Pennsylvania

Thanks.
    I've been to Williamsport, but I get confused with street names. Een here in LH I know how to get from A to B, but at a totlal loss in the names of the streets

Quote Originally Posted by Himself View Post
    Good morning;

My name is John (Himself) and I moved to Lock Haven a year ago from the mountians of Colorado. I have been a supporter of the 2nd. But I have never owned a gun. However, in these times, I believe that I should purchase a handgun. I have used handguns in the military, many years ago.

I need to find an honest dealer in Williamsport, since there are none here in Lock Haven. I need a gun course to help me get familiar with the weapon.

Thanks
    Does this help?

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q...=Google+Search

(Allegheny County)

Himself,

Welcome to the forum and to Pa.

I was stationed at Lowry airfield in the early 70's and if I didn't live here, Colorado would be the next choice. I never made it skiing to Vail or Aspen but did get to Lake ElDora and Winter Park a few times.

I can't give you any info on gun shops as I'm a western Pa guy.

27hand
    Opinions are like anal apertures. They all stink but mine.

(Clinton County)

Thanks for replying

I am 69, and I learned to snowboard 6 years ago at Copper. But I never thought skiing made any sense. Putting fence boards on your feet.....

(Northumberland County)

Good morning;

Thanks
    It is a little late, but Denny and Sandy Marshall run a personal protection course at keystone sportsmen association in muncy. The website is Http://www.keystonesportsmenassociation.com

From the website

Any questions about IDPA at Keystone, the Tuesday night pistol group, or anything else about local pistol shooting, please call Dennis Marshall at 570-322-1685

You can tell him that Drew Bingaman sent you to him, I shoot IDPA at the club and am in charge of scoring the matches. Denny and Sandy are great people and can put you in touch with just about anybody you'd like here in the area. They know who the good gun dealers are, and you can inquire with them about the personal protection course. It is very thorough and covers all types of guns how to handle them and the laws on deadly force. It also includes a range session. They usually only run the class in the fall (which was september) but if they get enough interest, they might run another class.

I come up from the Sunbury area, so I'm not much of a help when it comes to williamsport area dealers.
    Last edited by The Drew; November 24th, 2007 at 02:26 PM.

(Delaware County)

...I have never owned a gun. However, in these times, I believe that I should purchase a handgun.
    Agreed. But fair warning: unless you're a statistical oddity, it isn't going to be "a gun." If you're at all typical, it's gonna end up being "a whole buncha guns" because if you turn out to enjoy shooting (and you probably will), you're NOT going to be satisfied with just one. So I would suggest thinking in terms of your "first gun" instead.

My own personal feeling is if you've never owned a gun before, the best way to start out is with a revolver: they're REAL simple to operate and maintain (others will probably disagree, and will have good reasons for doing so). They're real user-friendly, which means you'll shoot a lot. And that's a good thing. Become comfortable with the wheelgun first, then move on to other things.

Just my two cents' worth...

(Clinton County)

Smile Re: New to Pennsylvania

Thanks

I had on having three firearms. Two handguns and a shotgun. But a trip starts with a single step

(Pike County)

welcome to the forum,,,this is a great place

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast