Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Montgomery County)

Default Thoughts on the Sig p250

I love the Sig Sauer line of firearms and with the new p250 coming out it looks like a great design and well thought out ,but I'm not sure I'm sold on it yet.
    I'm particular with the classic line,I did have a Sig Pro 2022 in 40 and shot great but like the Px4 way more.The Sig Pro has just never taken off and it doesn't come close to the classic Sig.
    Whats everybody elses thoughts on the P250 thats coming out?
    Glock Certified Armorer, GSSF Member, NRA Member

(Philadelphia County)

Default Re: Thoughts on the Sig p250

The trigger pull is going to be between 5.5 and 6.0 lbs. The 9.0 lbs reference on the J.P. Sauer & Sohn site is irrelevant in terms of the US market. There are some other scpes which I will update in this thread once I can confirm them. These will be the specs you need to look at when discussing the P250 and not those on the Sauer site.

The P250 as designed in Germany did not meet the typical desired specs for a gun to be successful on the US market. The design is excellent and extremely innovative but because of the need to have a .40S&W, .357SIG and a .45ACP option the design had certain limitations that are easy to work out but needed to be addressed by our engineers here in the US.

There are several changes to the pistol from the original German design and in preparing the .40/.357 versions we ended up having to make chages to the 9mm. This is most evident in the slide dimensions. We wanted the 9mm to have the same slide profile as the .40S&W/.357SIG version so that they'd use the same holster. Because our market is driven more by .40S&W (particularly in law enforcement) we made the changes. In Europe the caliber of choice is 9mm.

Since I cannot (read will not) address all your questions at this time due to the fact that final development is being completed, I will instead ask for volunteers....

Sometime in July I will hold a range report event here at SIGARMS. We will show you how the gun assembles and disassembles, what some of the plans are for the future, answer your questions (some issues may remain confidential but we will discuss as much as we can and as much as we trust you to keep confidential) and take you out to the range to testfire the gun and take pictures. We'd give everybody an opportunity to shoot the gun. This would allow the participants to post their comments collectively and focus on different features that impacted them the most.

If you are interested in participating please respond here and I'll keep a list and a "waiting list" in case the date selected conflicts with a shooter's schedule. GeeTen is automatically on this list - mostly because half the people here at SIG know him and the other half think he works here.

Please allow this range report event to serve as the official question and answer period for the P250. I hope you won't mind waiting a little while longer. Thanks. - ERHARDT
    This was writen by someone else other then myself.
    SPECIFICATIONS
    Caliber - 9mm
    Trigger Pull - 5.5 - 6.0 lbs
    Trigger Reach - Std. 2.80". Min. 2.55" Max. 2.90"
    Trigger Circumference Range - Min. 6.7" Max. 7.1"
    Overall Length - 7.2"
    Overall Height - 5.1"
    Overall Width - 1.3" (Md.), 1.4" (Lg), 1.3" (Sm)
    Barrell Length - 3.9"
    Sight Radius - 5.8"
    Sights - SIGLITE Night Sights
    Weight w/ Empty Mag - 24oz
    Magazine Capacity - 16 Rounds
    Grips - Interchangeable Polymer
    Grips Circumference - Sm. 5.4", Md. 5.7", Lg. 6.2"
    Finish - Nitron
    CA Compliant - No
    MA Compliant - No
    Last edited by Mentalcase; November 23rd, 2007 at 09:29 PM.
    Glock 22 Sig 220west G kimber c2 Dan wesson 357 Sig 229 9mm

(Lancaster County)

The post above is from Sigforum.com and was written by Paul Erhardt who "was" Sig's Marketing Director here in the USA.

The gun is an interesting design, I cant wait to see it in person. I'll hold all judgements till then.
    Last edited by sigarms229; November 23rd, 2007 at 10:24 PM.

(Luzerne County)

I have my dealer working getting me one. If I have to be the guinea pig I will be. It looks like it will be a fine piece in my opinion. Now I am just waiting along with all the other interested parties.
    - Big D
    I am looking for SIG ST Series pistols. Please PM me if you have one you would like to sell.

(Allegheny County)

I wouldn't buy one until they work the bugs out. When SIG's version of the 1911 came out it was pretty rough. I would wait at least a year before purchasing one and I'm a SIGAHOLIC.
    "Having a gun and thinking you are armed is like having a piano and thinking you are a musician" Col. Jeff Cooper (U.S.M.C. Ret.)
    Speed is fine, Accuracy is final

Thumbs up Re: Thoughts on the Sig p250

turns out to be as accurate as my 226. i am very happy with it's trigger. it's definately a sig p series gun. i would buy this 9mm c even if it's future was not amazingly wide open in it's modular capacity. my wife loves the 250 and fires it with confidence. sig quality oozes out of this compact 9

Thumbs up Re: Thoughts on the Sig p250

please excuse the double post...excuse me davem55 ,i'm curious to know about the bugs. as a 250 owner it would be helpfull to know about them. mine has not had any sign of bugs yet. it's of typical "p" series quality. accurate and smooth firing trigger displays are common now after 900 rds of cheap ammo. i'll definately post any bug like problems if they arise ,but for some strange reason(own many sigs for years without prob's...) i don't think this is the handgun to display dissapointment. so far not even a hicup.

(Philadelphia County)

Waiting until after SHOT show to see if we get news on the .45ACP which is rumored to be coming next. I've been looking at a P220 for some time but with the release of the .45ACP P250 imminent, I guess I'll just have to wait.

(Cumberland County)

I have the 250 in 9mm...AWESOME!!! I highly recommend it....VERY ergonomical.

WORTH THE MONEY!!! especially considering you are getting up to 12 guns for the price of 1.

Conrad
    MOLON LABE

(Montgomery County)

i put 200 rds thru one last week. very nice. smooth trigger and accurate. not a single hiccup. however, i have only seen 1 "mode" available which is the 9mm compact on a medium frame. i personally am waiting for a small frame/grip to come out and see what final pricing for bbbls/slides and grips are going to be and though i liked the trigger, would want to see if the DAK trigger is going to be offered...hopefully will know some more after SHOT bu thte sigforum does have a 27 page sticky on top of its discussion board

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast