Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    (Bucks County)

Default Falls Township Rifle/Pistol Association members

FYI

Not sure why there has been or supposedly been a rash of rule breakers, but the club is enforcing their rules more forcefully. At least this is what I am being told at the club when I have gone shooting. I hope the people passing on this information are trying to be helpful and truthful. I have no way of verifying this. Unfortunately, the club has not put out this information on the website or newsletters. I need to get to a board meeting to see what is going on. Just mind review the rules before you shoot.

(Bucks County)

Default Re: Falls Township Rifle/Pistol Association members

I shot as a guest of a member there a few weeks back. I was a Friday afternoon and we were the only ones on the shorter range. After a few rounds someone came over and told us the member has to supervise while I shot meaning he could not shoot while I did. Basically we had to take turns.

The guy told a story of a member bringing in like 5 guests on the pistol range. when a range officer went over to the member he was swept by one of the guests and went ballistic.

All I can tell you is you are not the only one.
    Et Tu, Brute?

(Bucks County)

Same thing happened to me within the last month.
    I took several guests to the club and while on the plinking range one of the trustees walked over and explained the story you just related.

I was supervising the guests and they were shooting one at a time as per club rules. The trustee told me that at the previous meeting the board approved a rule change that limits members to bring a maximum of two guests at a time.

It has not made the Powder Keg yet.
    Crusader's local #556 South Central Asia chapter

Quote Originally Posted by cdi View Post
    Same thing happened to me within the last month.
    I took several guests to the club and while on the plinking range one of the trustees walked over and explained the story you just related.

I was supervising the guests and they were shooting one at a time as per club rules. The trustee told me that at the previous meeting the board approved a rule change that limits members to bring a maximum of two guests at a time.

It has not made the Powder Keg yet.
    had an opportunity to join last year, didn't cause i didn't like the take turn shooting rule, and the members that were there didn't really make me free welcome, was i was waiting for Lou (I think that's his name), i did like the automatic gates and the shooting hrs.

(Bucks County)

Falls has always been pro-active when it comes to safety. It is true that if a member has a guest the member watches while the guest shoots. If there is more then one guest only one guest can shoot at a time. Falls has a cadre of Range Safety Officers that are on the lookout for unsafe practices. We are not trying to be Range nazis. Everyone is read the "Range Rules" when they are invited to the club for qualifications. If a perspective member does not like the rules he/she can opt out of the membership procedure at that time. So far, to my memory, no one has done that. All members of the club are supposed to be range officers in their own rights. If someone is spotted doing something unsafe they should be reminded of the rules. If that does not work then a formal complaint can be reported to the board. As far as the incident on the plinking range; it was eight guests with virtually no supervision. The guests were shooting off the pad, carrying loaded guns from one position to another, sweping other guests with loaded guns, and one of the guest was out in front shooting pictures of the others while they were at the line with loaded guns. Needless to say the member involved is no longer a member. As far as I know the two guest rule was not approved at the board meeting.
    Jeff
    NRA Benefactor member
    NRA 2nd Amendment Foundation
    Colt Collectors Association
    Browning Collectors Association
    Sharps Arms Collectors Association
    SASS Association

SANS PEUR et SANS REPROACHE

(Wayne County)

Do they still have that 5 round rule there ?

(Bucks County)

Yes, unless you are practicing for a timed fire DCM match then you may load 8 rounds, but you must be using a timer. All other times 5 round limit applies except on the shotgun ranges; two round there.

Jeff
    NRA Benefactor member
    SASS Association

(Bucks County)

It's good to be proactive about safety, but I think it's just as important to keep the rules updated. It really is a pita to go understanding one set of rules, and find things have changed. This is just asking for trouble for members. Somebody violates a rule, an ro gets his panties in a twist, the member has to go to the board, etc..

I love the range. Just would like the rule changes to be incorporated on the website and/or the bulletin board.

Merry Christmas everyone

(Bucks County)

Any rule changes are always published in the PowderKeg.

Jeff
    NRA Benefactor member
    SASS Association

(Bucks County)

I an a trustee at FTRPA. If anyone has any questions about the rules or latest goings on, just ask me. It is true we've had a rash of safety violations, particularly on the plinking range, and the rules are being more vigorously enforced.

The board did not choose to adopt any rule about guest limitations as of the date of this post, though such a rule has been discussed. The rule, as it currently stands, is that all guests must be supervised at all times, you must enter them into the log book, fill out the name tags for them, and only one guest is allowed to shoot at a time while being supervised by the member.

Any further changes would be published in the Powder Keg.
    Snowflakes in Hell Blog
    Where There's Snow, There's Firepower
    http://snowflakesinhell.com

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast