Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Pike County)

Default Mexican cartels wielding American weapons

No other state has produced more guns seized by police in the brutal Mexican drug wars than Texas. In the Lone Star State, no other city has more guns linked to Mexican crime scenes than Houston. And in the Texas oil town, no single independent dealer stands out more for selling guns traced from south of the border than Bill Carter.

Carter, 76, has operated four Carter's Country stores in the Houston metropolitan area over the past half-century. In the past two years, more than 115 guns from his stores have been seized by the police and military in Mexico....
    http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...121204149.html
    Je suis déplorable

Default Re: Mexican cartels wielding American weapons

Interesting news read. Personally, could give a damn less about Mexico's gun problem or any problem they have really. The article is just more bullshit about gun control in the US via Mexico's poor me situation.
    If Mexico stops the flow of drugs north, I'm pretty sure the flow of very limited guns south would stop too.

In the end, I just don't care about Mexico but I do care about ultra liberals who want the US to cede to any foreign country about anything.

CL

(Pike County)

Quote Originally Posted by customloaded View Post
    Interesting news read. Personally, could give a damn less about Mexico's gun problem or any problem they have really.
    Agreed. I can even donate few pennies into the drug cartel ammo fund. The sooner they'll kill each other - the better for us.
    Je suis déplorable

(Chester County)

So the cartels can find/steal/buy submarines, planes, speed boats, fast cars, etc buy they need to come to the US to buy their guns? Give me a break. Arms dealers across the world would ship there in an instant for the cartels with cash.
    Hoplophobia is funny

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by customloaded View Post
    Interesting news read. Personally, could give a damn less about Mexico's gun problem or any problem they have really. The article is just more bullshit about gun control in the US via Mexico's poor me situation.
    If Mexico stops the flow of drugs north, I'm pretty sure the flow of very limited guns south would stop too.

In the end, I just don't care about Mexico but I do care about ultra liberals who want the US to cede to any foreign country about anything.

CL
    Actually the problem is a lot more simpler than that, if Americans stop buying and using billions of dollars of Narcotics their wouldnt be any problem period.

You cant solve the problem through supply you solve it through demand, the problem is Americans love drugs and is willing to spend billions of dollars for it so there will always be a supplier, remember when they banned liquor in the US? The demand went sky high , never worked.

Its a demand problem , not a supply problem always has been.

(York County)

Last night on the national news the issue was "reported" on once again...

And once again the news media showed image after image of full auto weapons (full auto Uzis, AKs and a street sweeper) while talking about how Americans access to powerful military weapons is causing the problem because of "straw" purchasers buying guns for the cartels and shipping them south. The news piece did show some civilian type guns: fancy engraved handguns, a DA revolver being banged apart by a Mexican armorer, but mostly they were cutting up AK type weapons. So were these "American" semi auto AK clones or the full auto military weapons floating around Central America? This part didn't bolster the reporter's new piece, so was left out (or maybe the Mexican gov't deliberately fostered the idea that all the weapons come from the USA instead of elsewhere to a hoodwinked press.) The efforts of ATF were mentioned...and I fully support them in prosecuting people who are buying for the cartels. They at least didn't blame the average US citizen for the problem, just focused on how a few straw purchasers are being used.

And how are these weapons getting across the border? Smuggled in cars and trucks. So where is the Mexican border customs checking for contraband? Guess they are in the fix too, but that was curiously absent from this hard hitting new piece.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by mrnyman View Post
    if Americans stop buying and using billions of dollars of Narcotics their wouldnt be any problem period.

remember when they banned liquor in the US? The demand went sky high , never worked.

Its a demand problem , not a supply problem always has been.

As to the bolded portion"

Obviously, because Americans are the only ones who use drugs, correct?

As to the rest:

Its a war on drugs problem. You pointing out how prohibition failed (miserably, and was repealed) is just you giving proof to this.

Just sell the shit to those who want it and the violence will end on its own, just like with the rum runners and speakeasys.

Exactly, and the argument would be then everyone would get high. Whats stopping them now? every one that gets high does so if its illegal or not. Might as well tax it and make some money.

Personally I don't care what another adult does with his or her body, its none of mine or the governments business. I don't like it so I don't do it

(Lancaster County)

I don't like having to deal with the societal repercussions of other people being involved with drugs, but I really don't like the government thinking it's their business and their involvement making the problem worse. If I really thought that the government could wipe out drugs totally and forever I'd find myself having a harder decision between wanting them to do it and them staying within their Constitutional boundaries, but obviously they're doing neither so it's not really a choice.
    "You can't stop insane people from doing insane things by passing insane laws--that's insane!" -- Penn Jillette

"To my mind it is wholly irresponsible to go into the world incapable of preventing violence, injury, crime, and death. How feeble is the mindset to accept defenselessness. How unnatural. How cheap. How cowardly. How pathetic." -- Ted Nugent

Quote Originally Posted by RaisedByWolves View Post
    As to the bolded portion"

Obviously, because Americans are the only ones who use drugs, correct?

As to the rest:

Its a war on drugs problem. You pointing out how prohibition failed (miserably, and was repealed) is just you giving proof to this.

Just sell the shit to those who want it and the violence will end on its own, just like with the rum runners and speakeasys.

i agree, if we didn't have a drug problem, there won't be this other problem.

"So the cartels can find/steal/buy submarines, planes, speed boats, fast cars, etc buy they need to come to the US to buy their guns? Give me a break. Arms dealers across the world would ship there in an instant for the cartels with cash."

submarines? for what, what does subs, planes, speed boats, fast cars etc have to do with guns? I don't follow you.

I don't kno the numbers, I don't know if its true, but guns being brought illegally happens everyday. I'm sure some ends up in mexico.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast