Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Remington MSR

(Westmoreland County)

Default Remington MSR

Is this rifle for sale? Looking for a good, accurate rifle w/ rails, detachable box magazine, etc. that I can hunt with in PA.

Default Re: Remington MSR

I don't think it is out yet (quick search through the google).

What is the need for the rails?

There are plenty of alternatives out there if you can't wait for it. Can you
    narrow it down a bit more? I'm sure there are other's that will suit your needs just fine.
    Last edited by animalmother85; December 12th, 2010 at 02:15 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by dkf View Post
    Official Gun Bully and corn flakes pisser inner since March 2007.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by MMH View Post
    Is this rifle for sale? Looking for a good, accurate rifle w/ rails, detachable box magazine, etc. that I can hunt with in PA.
    doesn't really look like a rifle well suited for hunting to be honest. i thought i had read that remington would not make the MSR available for sale to the public???? can't remember where i read that though so i could be wrong. what's your reasons for wanting rails and box magazine for hunting??? i think savage has a similar rifle on the market so checkout savages webpage to see what it looks like and what accessories it comes with.

(Centre County)

Even if it is for $ale to the public, it'd probably be outrageou$ly expen$ive to the point of not being able to ju$tify the purcha$e as oppo$ed to having a cu$tom rifle built to your $pecs for half the price. If you can pick up an M24 from remington, you'll probably be able to buy thi$ once it'$ out.

But why?

The rails are for attaching NV optics, lasers, etc. Not really a PA hunting kind of thing.

The rails are for attaching NV optics, lasers, etc. Not really a PA hunting kind of thing.
    Yes, I am aware for what rails are used for, just trying to find out what the OPs intentions are for them. The last I knew, you couldn't use any device that projected a beam or light on a firearm that is being used to hunting. Has something changed? Maybe the OP wants to use this rifle for more then just hunting? Maybe a Cool factor?

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by animalmother85 View Post
    Yes, I am aware for what rails are used for, just trying to find out what the OPs intentions are for them. The last I knew, you couldn't use any device that projected a beam or light on a firearm that is being used to hunting. Has something changed? Maybe the OP wants to use this rifle for more then just hunting? Maybe a Cool factor?
    to be honest i would think mall ninja if i saw someone hunting with a MSR.

Quote Originally Posted by wellcraft View Post
    to be honest i would think mall ninja if i saw someone hunting with a MSR.
    with a thick wallet.

Close to the MSR

http://www.competitionshootingstuff.com/id26.html

(Centre County)

Quote Originally Posted by animalmother85 View Post
    I know that you know. I was pointing it out to the OP and the fact that they would serve no real purpose for hunting in PA.

Quote Originally Posted by arrrrgh15 View Post
    I know that you know. I was pointing it out to the OP and the fact that they would serve no real purpose for hunting in PA.
    ohhhhh, my bad

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by arrrrgh15 View Post
    As far as YOU have seen, perhaps.

Things rails can be useful for towards hunting purposes:

1. quickly detachable BIPODS. Duh!
    2. light/NV for coyote hunting when barreled w/ .243 or .308
    3. different front end grip panels for cold weather handling with gloves
    4. putting your flashlight directly on it SO YOU DON'T LOSE IT OR LEAVE IT AT HOME-- Anyone who's hunted long enough has at one time or another done either or both and found out it was the wrong day/night to be without.
    5. swap optics--more useful than you might think at first
    6. All kinds of other stuff you don't figure out until you have it in the field and find out yourself.

Also consider the folding stock which is useful for easy transportation and adjustable for the perfect fit. It is possibly the very best ever designed. If I could get that Tacmod stock on my .30-06 for an affordable price I'd do it without a second's hesitation.

EVERYTHING we've gained in hunting rifles came first from the military, things that if we'd just stuck with what we had before we'd never have now. Firearms. Rifled barrels. Metallic cartridges. Smokeless powder. Spitzer bullets. The .30-06. Telescopic sights. The bolt action and the lever action. See what I mean? Now, with that in mind, are we going to take the next innovations in that line of progression and embrace them thankfully and make use of them, or are we going to be some stupid cavemen scratching our heads trying to make carts with square wheels while rolling the round wheels into the campfire?
    Last edited by Yellowfin; December 14th, 2010 at 12:27 PM.
    "You can't stop insane people from doing insane things by passing insane laws--that's insane!" -- Penn Jillette

"To my mind it is wholly irresponsible to go into the world incapable of preventing violence, injury, crime, and death. How feeble is the mindset to accept defenselessness. How unnatural. How cheap. How cowardly. How pathetic." -- Ted Nugent

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast