Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Thread: colt SP1

Default colt SP1

Hello All, Seems like there is lots of knowledge about the SP1.

S/N sp58339

Wondering if anyone can date this old H-bar and a rough idea of value. Its in pretty good shape and shoots well. I have the same problem another questioner had, I shoot left handed and the ejected shells hit my face at times, but that is how these rifles were.

Rob

(Northampton County)

Default Re: colt SP1

SP1s/M16-A1s don't hit my face with casings when shot left handed. I know it has happened, but must be with poor ammo/ejectors or shooting from contorted positions.

There is a history of ARs by serial number range at Ar15.com. Go check that out and you'll find an approximate production date range.

(Bucks County)

Default Re: colt SP1

Quote Originally Posted by Robo14 View Post
    Hello All, Seems like there is lots of knowledge about the SP1.

S/N sp58339

Wondering if anyone can date this old H-bar and a rough idea of value. Its in pretty good shape and shoots well. I have the same problem another questioner had, I shoot left handed and the ejected shells hit my face at times, but that is how these rifles were.

Rob
    if you have a rifle without a built in brass deflector which SP1's lacked you can buy a aftermarket brass deflector for a few bucks. i'n not sure who sells them these days but i'm sure a quick google search will bring up places that have them. the brass deflector will solve the issue with spent cases hitting you in the face.