Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Cumberland County)

Default Revolver Practice

Finally starting to dial in my skills on snub nose revolver shooting. I like all my auto's, but for some dumb reason, I feel "safer" with a loaded revolver on my hip than an auto ? I know it is not, but I have talked to many who feel this way. The other up side to me is reliability of the revolver - never going to have a ftf or fte or anything. Down side obviously only 5 or 6 rounds ! Took my S&W 12-2 38 special snub out again today, and after practice, practice, practice, I'm finally happy with my results at about 20'
    Off to Harrisburg gun show this weekend to find some new additions

Attached Images Attached Images

Default Re: Revolver Practice

Quote Originally Posted by cruzans View Post
    Finally starting to dial in my skills on snub nose revolver shooting. I like all my auto's, but for some dumb reason, I feel "safer" with a loaded revolver on my hip than an auto ? I know it is not, but I have talked to many who feel this way. The other up side to me is reliability of the revolver - never going to have a ftf or fte or anything. Down side obviously only 5 or 6 rounds ! Took my S&W 12-2 38 special snub out again today, and after practice, practice, practice, I'm finally happy with my results at about 20'
    Off to Harrisburg gun show this weekend to find some new additions

Nothing wrong with feeling safer or carrying a revolver. Just remember that they are not as fussy with ammo. You can carry glaser safety slugs, HPs and anything else and it will feed. I shoot better and feel safer with a revolver too. They are not usually as concealable as a small auto but I like them.

(Philadelphia County)

I love my Colt. If I could find a holster for her I would carry the old gal everyday. She's 58 years young and only getting better

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by FCRPhila View Post
    I love my Colt. If I could find a holster for her I would carry the old gal everyday. She's 58 years young and only getting better
    Rob Leahy over at:
    www.simplyrugged.com

will most likely be able to make a holster for your Colt (whichever model it is), now there is no excuse not to carry it

As for wheel guns, that example in the OP is a pre 1982 Smith and Wesson, pinned barrel and recessed cylinder. That is one desirable revolver to own.

Nothing wrong with the old design of the wheel gun. I usually have a 5 shooter or a 7 shooter (or both) on my person and I do not "feel" outgunned. I also have a pair of 8 shooters, here is one of them...

I just have a thing for that picture today...
    Join the groups protecting your rights from the fools trying to take them from you!

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by Steve_NEPhila View Post
    Rob Leahy over at:
    www.simplyrugged.com

will most likely be able to make a holster for your Colt (whichever model it is), now there is no excuse not to carry it

As for wheel guns, that example in the OP is a pre 1982 Smith and Wesson, pinned barrel and recessed cylinder. That is one desirable revolver to own.

Nothing wrong with the old design of the wheel gun. I usually have a 5 shooter or a 7 shooter (or both) on my person and I do not "feel" outgunned. I also have a pair of 8 shooters, here is one of them...

I just have a thing for that picture today...
    Is that the Smith (TR)R8 or the 327 (I don't really know if there is a difference between the two lol)? I handled a Smith TRR8 at Classic Pistol yesterday. LOVED IT. But I think I want the 327 for that SS weight... Oh yeah and the Colt is an Official Police.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by FCRPhila View Post
    Is that the Smith (TR)R8 or the 327 (I don't really know if there is a difference between the two lol)? I handled a Smith TRR8 at Classic Pistol yesterday. LOVED IT. But I think I want the 327 for that SS weight... Oh yeah and the Colt is an Official Police.
    The TRR8 and the M&P R8 are both 327 model designations, they are both from the Performance Center as well. The difference is that the M&P R8 has the accessory rail cast into the barrel shroud (3 piece barrel) and the TRR8 under barrel accessory rail can be removed because it is screwed on. The one above is the M&P R8, which is a fantastic revolver. The holo is an Eotech 512.

To explain the 327 is a derivative of the classic N frame 27 model series. The "3" before the 27 means light weight scandium, just like a 627 denotes a stainless steel frame (the 6 denotes stainless). I have two 327's, both with five inch barrels and they are fantastic shooters. The scandium frame and heavy barrel on the M&P R8 (or TRR8 for that matter) gives it a fantastic balance that makes it feel like an old PPC gun with a very heavy barrel. These 327 models are well worth the money, every cent of it.
    Join the groups protecting your rights from the fools trying to take them from you!

(Philadelphia County)

Well the one at CP was $990 don't know if that is a good price yet since I need to do more research. Oh and I meant 627 for the weight. I wouldn't mind having the 327 for .38's and the 627 for those spicy .357's. Plus the 627 comes with wood and rubber grips so It should be a breeze to shoot the .357s out of those 44 ounces with rubber grips.

(Philadelphia County)

Oh and I thought the R8 didnt have a rail on top of the frame, guess I was mistaken. That's what threw me for the TRR8.

(Chester County)

I agree with you 100%. I never feel safer then when I have my Smith Highway Patrolman inches from my pillow fully loaded with hydra-shocks ready to take on any bad guy that threatens me. With the .357, I know that my life is completely in my hands. No one will get the upper hand on me.
    God Created Man. Sam Colt made them equal.
    FU BHO.