Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Venango County)

Default Looking for a place to live.

The Mrs and I are looking for a place to live. Prefer the Oil City, Franklin, Rocky Grove area. Outlying areas are fine as well. Just do not want to get too far out there.

We do have two little dogs. Total weight between the two of them is perhaps 35lbs. We both smoke, but have no problem with smoking outdoors (we have been talking about quitting anyways).

Wouldn't mind finding a house for rent with a garage. However, if an apartment is all we can find, then it is all we can find.

We can get character references (most of you have a decent idea that I'm not a bad guy to begin with from my posts here).

We do not listen to loud music, and the dogs are very quiet, aside from an occasional "Yip", or a "Yap".

If you, or someone you know, has any rental properties. Or knows where one might be located (as I said, prefer the OC, franklin, RG, areas), please let me know.

We are looking to find a place within the next month or so.
    I'm so fast, I can bump fire a bolt action.

(Warren County)

Default Re: Looking for a place to live.

If you were looking for commercial property to lease I could help you. I think my sister in law has a place to the north of oil city but it's pretty rural and a ways out of town.

(Venango County)

If you wouldn't mind, I wouldn't mind having some info. Depends on how far out, and prices, and the like.

Just trying to find a place to live for a year or so, then buy some land, and build a house.

(Warren County)

Information coming shortly, My Sister in laws relative has an apartment available in franklin, but she's checking a few other options.

(Warren County)

guess a couple of her places are listed here, not sure which ones

http://www.thederrick.com/classifieds/43

(Venango County)

Thanks.

We went out and picked up one of those real estate rags. Looked through it today to look at some places, get the hunt started.

I get the paper at work, I'll give it a look through, and try and make some calls this week. Thanks.

(Venango County)

Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    Thanks.

We went out and picked up one of those real estate rags. Looked through it today to look at some places, get the hunt started.

I get the paper at work, I'll give it a look through, and try and make some calls this week. Thanks.
    If you ever need a real estate rep, I highly recommend Daugherty Bros. Real Estate. They are fair and straight forward. One of the brothers died not long ago. He had informed the feds of the unfair lending practices that were going on. I believe he was the only local agent/owner to do so back when everyone else was 'doing it' to increase sales.

The fellow I have dealt with is Jim, IIRC. It has been awhile since I bought my property. Good luck on the hunt. If you don't qualify for HUD etc., it may be cheaper to buy a house than to rent an apartment. Just something to consider but in this slow market, it may be hard to sell if you need to move out.

Good Luck.
    It is you. You have all the weapons that you need. Now fight. --Sucker Punch

(Venango County)

Quote Originally Posted by TaePo View Post
    If you ever need a real estate rep, I highly recommend Daugherty Bros. Real Estate. They are fair and straight forward. One of the brothers died not long ago. He had informed the feds of the unfair lending practices that were going on. I believe he was the only local agent/owner to do so back when everyone else was 'doing it' to increase sales.

The fellow I have dealt with is Jim, IIRC. It has been awhile since I bought my property. Good luck on the hunt. If you don't qualify for HUD etc., it may be cheaper to buy a house than to rent an apartment. Just something to consider but in this slow market, it may be hard to sell if you need to move out.

Good Luck.
    I don't even know how to look into HUD lol. But yeah, we have talked to them. We are mainly looking to rent because of the housing market right now. When it is possible that prices could drop again, you just don't know.

Just can't seem to find anything that doesn't mind two mop heads that happen to be dogs lol.

(Butler County)

Realator's not a bad idea. When I moved to Butler I used one to find a house to rent. Ended up with a nice house with rent to own option. Rented for 2 years and then bought it.

(Venango County)

Quote Originally Posted by DonM55 View Post
    Realator's not a bad idea. When I moved to Butler I used one to find a house to rent. Ended up with a nice house with rent to own option. Rented for 2 years and then bought it.
    You know, I honestly hadn't thought of that. I keep thinking they only deal in property that is "for sale". Not just a rent to own kinda thing.

I'll have to give them a call.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast