Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Thread: The H&K SL-8

(Lehigh County)

Default The H&K SL-8

What are everyones thoughts and opinions on this overlooked castrated version of HK's G36? Does anyone own a SL8?

(Montgomery County)

Default Re: The H&K SL-8

Shot one, and it shot well, but suffered extremely poor sales due to the neutered 10rd capacity, the ungainly thumbhole stock design, the ugly gray color and general failure in ergonomics.

many of those out there have been converted to a double stack config using a now out of production kit from Special Weapons.

its basically not worth picking up and playing with,.

this gun was a HUGE disappointment to HK fans.
    "Oderint Dum Metuant" - BMFH

"Tact is for people not witty enough to use sarcasm"

Note: any whingeing crazy that hits my PM inbox will be deleted without reply

My friend used to rep for HK and he said that HK is going to be offering the SL 8 again. I personally don't think they are worth the money...when you can only get 10rd mags from HK. Why not get in line and wait for the Magpul Masada? I will have one when Magpul releases the Masada.

(Lehigh County)

The only reason I am interested in the SL-8 is because I want something different. The SL-8 won't remain a SL-8 when I'm done with it its going to look like a G36k. I'm going to SBR it so I don't have to worry about compliance parts. I know its going to be costly but its too late now. I already have a G36k parts kit on the way.