Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: denied

(Delaware County)

Default denied

i applied for a LTCF permit and have not received the letter yet but was told i was denied and don't know why yet. i would like to know if me contesting that would be worth it. i am not a felon or any of the other things that would deny you automatically. any advice on this issue would be great, i plan on contesting it anyway but any info would be awesome. thanks

(Venango County)

Default Re: denied

Quote Originally Posted by smq7380 View Post
    i applied for a LTCF permit and have not received the letter yet but was told i was denied and don't know why yet. i would like to know if me contesting that would be worth it. i am not a felon or any of the other things that would deny you automatically. any advice on this issue would be great, i plan on contesting it anyway but any info would be awesome. thanks
    How long ago did you apply? Who was it that told you that you were denied? If it was an official, you need to be told in a letter, along with the reason for your denial.

If this was just someone flapping their gums "Well, you more than likely. . ." Then I wouldn't worry about it.
    I'm so fast, I can bump fire a bolt action.

(Chester County)

Wife was rejected last time around. After we received the letter we sent a letter to the PSP as outlined in the denial. She was approved a week later. Never knew why she was denied it only said that she was denied and needed to follow up with the PSP.
    Regards Robert
    Smile... it increases your face value!
    Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not. ~Thomas Jefferson

(Delaware County)

Thanks for your input. I haven't received the letter yet, but when i went to the sheriff's office, a sheriff told me that I had been denied 5 days ago. I have moved recently, so don't know how I'm gonna get the letter. She just said that I had been denied by the PSP, and that she couldn't tell me why. She told me I could appeal, but needed the letter to do so. I have changed my address, so if I don't receive anything this week, I'm gonna call PSP and see what my options are. I saw somewhere that I only had 30 days from date of denial, so I would like to get the ball moving ASAP. Thanks again. Further input is appreciated, and also, thanks for giving me a little glimmer of hope. I just want to protect myself and family, no matter where I am.

(Montgomery County)

You're taking the right steps. Sometimes it is as simple as there is someone with a name that is very close to yours, who wouldn't qualify, and there is confusion. Get the letter, with the reason for the denial, and file the appeal on time! Good luck.

(Butler County)

Since the sherrif said it was PSP and you know you have done nothing to be denied it's a clerical error, someone with same name, etc. As stated above a phone call will probably clear it up. Don't have the number but I've seen it posted on other threads.

(Delaware County)

Thanks everyone for advice, experience and support. I truly appreciate it

(Butler County)

Thanks everyone for advice, experience and support. I truly appreciate it
    PSP
    PICS Instant Check Unit ...................... (717) 783-5598
    PICS Challenge Unit............................ (717) 705-4682 / (717) 705-4683

(Delaware County)

You applied at the Media courthouse?

They have to inform you officially by letter and state the reason, cant just say "you're denied"

(Delaware County)

Thanks for your input. I haven't received the letter yet, but when i went to the sheriff's office, a sheriff told me that I had been denied 5 days ago. I have moved recently, so don't know how I'm gonna get the letter. She just said that I had been denied by the PSP, and that she couldn't tell me why. She told me I could appeal, but needed the letter to do so. I have changed my address, so if I don't receive anything this week, I'm gonna call PSP and see what my options are. I saw somewhere that I only had 30 days from date of denial, so I would like to get the ball moving ASAP. Thanks again. Further input is appreciated, and also, thanks for giving me a little glimmer of hope. I just want to protect myself and family, no matter where I am.
    She? Lemme guess.... LT connil or whatever? She is a shining ray of light

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast