(Berks County)

Default Re: Survival subforum

Quote Originally Posted by andrewjs18 View Post
    nineseven has a pretty good survival forum:
    http://www.neardeathexperiments.com/smf/
    I frequent TSP's forums.

(Allegheny County)

I would also like to see a survival, or more specifically, preparedness forum. I would probably contribute a little more if we had such a forum available.

ETA: For relevancy's sake, one of the primary purposes for owning firearms is for "survival", "SHTF", or "preparedness" purposes. I can understand why staff wouldn't want the subforum, as it certainly could go off into any number of tangents, but keeping in mind the purposes for owning guns that I've just listed, it wouldn't be far fetched from the vision that's been casted, as there are hunting, concealed carry, competition, etc.... subforums, and each of those purposes has no more or less merit than those who see firearms as a tool for their survival.
    Last edited by Justin; December 8th, 2010 at 04:01 AM.
    Sec. 21. The right of the citizens to bear arms in defense of themselves and the State shall not be questioned.

Sec. 25. To guard against transgressions of the high powers which we have delegated, we declare that everything in this article is excepted out of the general powers of government and shall forever remain inviolate.

(Columbia County)

Admin, Danp... Any thoughts?

(Franklin County)

I'd also like to voice support for a Survival/Preparedness themed sub-forum. In the past 6 months I've taken a keen interest in survival, and I'm sure many other forum users have. As was mentioned, you may get a few kooks, but that happens now matter how you try to limit access, unless you go paid subscription. Even in just the past few weeks I've seen posters looking for firearms, with one intention of ownership being for a survival situation. A sub-forum may help relieve survival-esque clutter in other forums. As a side benefit, I think you may find that many individuals who frequent these boards may gain some interest and knowledge in survival that may not have otherwise been exposed to it. Thanks for your time.
    If zombies start chasing us, I'm going to trip you.

This may sound a little far fetched but here it goes...this sub forum may educate people to stay calm, set up a plan, help people band together to survive in the event of some catastrophe. Not saying the forum will be up when it happens, but the knowledge that has been passed on may save lives and get society back on track. Plenty of people know how to shoot...great. How many know how to survive? Probably the few that have been to some form of SERE or have been Boy Scouts.

I think this is a worthy addition.
    Quote Originally Posted by dkf View Post
    Official Gun Bully and corn flakes pisser inner since March 2007.

Sinking Spring/Wernersville, Pennsylvania
    (Berks County)

I support this idea as well. A survival sub-forum doesn't seem like a bad idea to me, after all I carry a handgun to survive. I am learning to hunt so that I can have meat to survive and don't have to use money to buy all of my food at the grocery store. There is a thread on here about survival and the information has been great and it didn't seem to go off topic. Instead I found out about how much water I should store, and about something called a filter straw etc etc. It was very informative and helpful and was not at all kooky. I didn't see any talk of alien's or bomb bunkers. Just a "what if...." that ranged from Katrina type disasters to larger economic issues, to the skyrocketing price of food. I am woefully behind on survival type items, and hearing people here discuss those topics is helpful because I see things these people post all the time and can gauge credibility.

Will there be some "out there" comments made? Sure. But I see those comments from time to time anyway.
    "Always vote for principle, though you may vote alone, and you may cherish the sweetest reflection that your vote is never lost." - JOHN ADAMS, 2nd President of the United States of America

and a shout box would be pretty nifty too.
    Quote Originally Posted by dkf View Post
    Official Gun Bully and corn flakes pisser inner since March 2007.

(Allegheny County)

as stated earlier, 9/7's site is a good one

also

i always was under the impression that the ZRT site was a survivalist off shoot of this web site.
    Koli's back from Ambler.

(Lehigh County)

I would also support/frequent the Survival Sub-Forum if we had one.
    When you are called a racist, it just means you won an argument with an Obama supporter.

Id be game too

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast