Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Chester County)

Default Targetmaster for Suppressors

I see on their website they are selling AAC cans now. Has anyone purchased through TM?

I have also read that the Prodigy and Element suppressors are good for 22LR anyone have one themselves?
    Hoplophobia is funny

(Delaware County)

Default Re: Targetmaster for Suppressors

I never bought one from TM. I got all my cans from Kings I'm also looking for a new rim fire can I'm looking at the Prodigy. I like the idea of the single baffle stack easier to take apart and maintain. I stop buying from TM years ago they have a good selection but there prices seemed to get high over the years and you can't bargain with them at all whatever is on the price tag is what you pay. If they have them in stock and there priced ok buy one. If there not in stock and they have to place an order I would look some where else.

(Philadelphia County)

Can't speak for their suppressors but their sales people are honest and knowledgable. Their prices are fair.

(Montgomery County)

I have an SWR Spectre. It is good for full auto in 22LR. It will also handle 22 mag, .17 cal, and 5.7. If you get the pusher tool it is easier to take apart and clean.

I posted on AR15.com in the suppressor forum that I wanted best pricing for a SWR Spectre. I got a lot of responses back from dealer offering me pricing. I did that for several of my suppressors and firearms.

I do know TM sold a firend of mine a handgun and a AAC suppressor. The suppressor is to fat and he can't use the front sites. He went into TM and just asked for a 22 setup with a suppressor. He didn't care what they sold him. Now he has a suppressed 22 that he can only point, not aim.

another vote for kings in kop. i have nothing against tm and have bought guns there. pat at kings just makes the whole process painless. your going to pay msrp on the aac cans but they make it worth it. i have two thru them so far (element and m4-2000) and been thinking on getting a third.
    Last edited by rgb03; December 7th, 2010 at 07:15 PM.

(Montgomery County)

Join AR15.com and ask questions in their suppressor forums. Educate yourself with other's experience. Then ask others for best pricing. You will be surprised how many great offers you get. I have all of my NFA weapons sent to an FFL/SOT in Willow Grove who only charges $40.00 to do a C3 transfer. Most C3 dealers charge $100.00.

I like TM and Kings. But they handle only a small variety of suppressors at list price. There are many different suppressor companies out their who are good and have great customer service.

Just my $0.02.

Quote Originally Posted by MD66948 View Post
    Join AR15.com and ask questions in their suppressor forums. Educate yourself with other's experience. Then ask others for best pricing. You will be surprised how many great offers you get. I have all of my NFA weapons sent to an FFL/SOT in Willow Grove who only charges $40.00 to do a C3 transfer. Most C3 dealers charge $100.00.

I like TM and Kings. But they handle only a small variety of suppressors at list price. There are many different suppressor companies out their who are good and have great customer service.

Just my $0.02.

what kinda deals are you getting? i thought of buying online and having it shipped but thought that the extra cost of the transfer and shipping would equal out to just buying at msrp. also when i bought my element from kings they gave me the adapter for my p-22 and when i got my m4-2000 i was going to by to mounts but they gave me one.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by rgb03 View Post
    what kinda deals are you getting? i thought of buying online and having it shipped but thought that the extra cost of the transfer and shipping would equal out to just buying at msrp. also when i bought my element from kings they gave me the adapter for my p-22 and when i got my m4-2000 i was going to by to mounts but they gave me one.
    I got a SWR Spectre with pusher tool shipped to my C3 dealer for under $450.00. I paid $40.00 to have it registered and no 6% sales tax since I paid the C3 dealer in TX for the suppressor. I think that is a good deal.

I got a Gemtech 45 acp suppressor from another dealer in TX shipped for a very cheap price. He had 6 of them for a Police Dept. and the PO changed their order to ARs. Dealer cut his loss to me and sold me one at his cost. Always shop around and then go to your local dealers and ask them to match. I believe in paying slightly more to support a local dealer. Just remember the 6% sales.

(Armstrong County)

Just a side note:
    Since some time this past year, Spring/Summer, all SWR Spectre's come with the pusher tool free of charge. If you are paying for it, you are getting hosed.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by Nate7667 View Post
    Just a side note:
    Since some time this past year, Spring/Summer, all SWR Spectre's come with the pusher tool free of charge. If you are paying for it, you are getting hosed.
    I have had my SWR for 2.5 yrs. At that time pusher tools were $75.00 extra. That is Great advice. I didn't know that. I have had several buddies and shooters I have met at New Holland go out and buy an SWR Spectre after seeing and shooting mine on my son's P-22. They are very nice suppressors. I bought mine since it was rated for full auto in 22LR. I have a Colt M16 and at the time I had a Spike's Dedicated Upper on order with an 11.5" barrel. Spikes gave me my money back on the upper since it failed to work in either semi auto or full auto after sending it back several times.

I also like the idea that the Spectre comes apart for cleaning and is approved for 22 Mag., .17 cal, and 5.7 Cal. along with Full Auto in 22 LR.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast