Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
    (Lancaster County)

Default New Honda Commercial - Dangerous Guns

I don't watch much tv... but I saw this ad on tv yesterday and it struck me as odd

New Honda Commercial

Basically it says "What if we could replace something thats dangerous [guns] with water" While showing a video of guys having a water gun fight - I guess they tried to portray the guys as bad guys... but still the video simply implys that guns are bad...

Anyone else see this?

Default Re: New Honda Commercial - Dangerous Guns

Quote Originally Posted by KLiQ View Post
    I don't watch much tv... but I saw this ad on tv yesterday and it struck me as odd

New Honda Commercial

Basically it says "What if we could replace something thats dangerous [guns] with water" While showing a video of guys having a water gun fight - I guess they tried to portray the guys as bad guys... but still the video simply implys that guns are bad...

Anyone else see this?
    you have to be BLIND not to see that one.... here we go again..another liberal commercial produced by a liberal production company aired by a liberal tv station...

(Philadelphia County)

I think you guys are taking this one to the EXTREME.

I see it as changing something dangerous like COMBUSTION (polution, expense) and changing it to something harmless (less polluting, cheaper).

Or, you could always just use "liberal" four times in your sentence to complete a mega-ad-hominem-combo attack.
    ==============
    “If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquillity of servitude than the animating contest of freedom, — go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen!”
    ~Samuel Adams

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it."
    ~Thomas Jefferson, 1791

(Philadelphia County)

It is an odd commercial that may or may not have a message, but I did see it the was Diego did.

Besides, bullets are harmful.

Of course eez harmful, eez bullet!

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by LorDiego01 View Post
    meh....

I didn't take anything to the EXTREME...

It's not like I said lets march on the honda factory...

I just wanted others opinions... and I guess I got some... thanks...

I see it as guns are harmful, but we can change them into cars that are not. Lead from bullets vs unleaded water. They did some thing similar back in the leaded unleaded days.
    The solution is simple, buy an american car, that way you can get an american commercial that makes sence to you, US companies have been siting on the Water Hydrogen engine for years because the Oil companies are telling them to hold on. In 1993 or so, while I was in eastern Quebec, there where 4 Ford trucks that drove down the road. One was diesel, one was gas, one was propane, and the last was unknown, they asked the population to vote on what car was / most poluting by noise/ fastest/ and to guess what truck was powered by what.

Every one guessed the Diesel, most guessed the propane and gas, no one could figure what that quiet truck was that could spin its wheels and make no other noise, most thought maybe electrical.

It was an electric/water Hydrogen engine, very little noise, no smell, and powerfull.

If they could do this over 14 close to 15 years ago, imagine what they could do today.
    Problem is, there is no money in the fuel industry, every one can "distill" water and then where do all those petro jobs go?

Bas enough we have already lost so many jobs to the other countries that now sell cars in America, this could be the last straw!

But maybe just maybe, if People told GM, Ford and Dodge they wanted the pure car out now, they would listen and come out with the darned things.

Anyways, commercials are supposed to bring out the worst in us, that is how we remember them, you know "head on" just rub where it hurts...

How about the E-bay commercial that uses a fox "HUNT" to promote its self, yet will not sell guns or gun parts!!!
    Now there is a touchy topic!!!
    Skeet is a sport where you are better to hit half of each bird then completely blast one and miss the other completely.

The choice is yours, place your faith in the court system and 12 of your peers, or carried away by 6 friends.

Nemo Me Impune Lacessit. 'Nobody provokes me with impunity'
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig.
    Clint Eastwood
    The Good, The Bad and The Ugly

Quote Originally Posted by LorDiego01 View Post

I see it as changing something dangerous like COMBUSTION (polution, expense) and changing it to something harmless (less polluting, cheaper).

Or, you could always just use "liberal" four times in your sentence to complete a mega-ad-hominem-combo attack.
    diego, your still pissed off because i called you a liberal for giving me a negative rep point for dropping the f-bomb last week. GET OVER IT...... liberal.. p.s. i have noticed in the last year since i joined, you always chime in on these threads in a negative way. stop being so negative, were here to help each other...

(Allegheny County)

I email chevrolet and call my dealer telling the I WANT A CHEVY VOLT!!!!!!!!!!!!

And with the $$$ I save on gas I can buy more guns, take that honda !

(York County)

Just remember...

"People don't kill people...cars kill people! Ban Hondas!!!!"

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by theSaj View Post
    Just remember...

"People don't kill people...cars kill people! Ban Hondas!!!!"
    heh.. "My Jeep won a war, your Honda mows my lawn!"

...no offense to you plastic-foreign-car-owning-PAFOA members hehe

...oh, and no I don't own a Honda lawn mower either.. as Hank Hill would put it "heh.. not in this house"

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast