Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Thread: IDPA vest...

(Butler County)

Default IDPA vest...

Any recommendations for a warm weather vest that works well in IDPA competitions? I suppose any old vest would work but this is a xmas gift idea for someone just starting into IDPA. Since I haven't yet done a single IDPA shoot I'm not wanting to violate any norms here and I need some advice from IDPA "vets".

I suppose I could get a regular shooting vest (without mesh since it needs to work for concealment) but is that considered a faux paus for IDPA?
    "I pledge allegiance to the Flag of the United States of America, and to the Republic for which it stands, one Nation indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: IDPA vest...

I like the Woolrich Elite Lightweight Vest - I even use that one for carry since IMHO it doesn't look real tactical. I also have the vest they sell with the IDPA low profile logo that I like a lot.

If you google IDPA vest I'm sure there's forums with other ideas.

(Butler County)

Perfect, thank you.
    "I pledge allegiance to the Flag of the United States of America, and to the Republic for which it stands, one Nation indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."

I usually use something like this

//http://www.furhatworld.com/red-fox-fur-vest-with-collar-p-1149.html

if i remember, mesh vests are illegal, and the woolrich, 511 vests seem to be popular. In florida I just used a Hawaiian shirt. one good draw tip? put your car keys in your lowest strong side vest pocket... when you go to push it back the weight carries it further and you are less likely to snag on your draw

(Butler County)

Quote Originally Posted by steviesterno View Post
    I usually use something like this

//http://www.furhatworld.com/red-fox-fur-vest-with-collar-p-1149.html

if i remember, mesh vests are illegal, and the woolrich, 511 vests seem to be popular. In florida I just used a Hawaiian shirt. one good draw tip? put your car keys in your lowest strong side vest pocket... when you go to push it back the weight carries it further and you are less likely to snag on your draw
    I like the tip... but I think the fox fur is outta here... LOL

(Luzerne County)

I use a Pataonia or Mammut vest in the winter. Just buy a size bigger than you would normally wear
    "The U.S. Constitution doesn't guarantee happiness, only the pursuit of it. You have to catch up to it yourself." - Benjamin Franklin

(Allegheny County)

I have an EOTac vest, very well thought out pockets. You can set them up to make the tac reload faster and they are built very well.
    Jeff Cooper was a huge supporter of gun games, when he was winning them at least...