Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
    (Washington County)

Default Won PFA hearing BUT no guns yet!!

I am new to this forum so if this thread is in the wrong place please correct me. I will explain and attempt to keep this short: Crazy EX girfriend files a PFA oct 15. They confiscate my guns. Hearing scheduled... nope judge not in that day......rescheduled.......sit in courthouse with my atty ALL DAY....leave @ 4:30....nope no hearing that day either..........Finally get my hearing 1 month later all the while under temp PFA......... And the judge rules in my favor....so PFA denied......... WOW ok now go to the sherriffs with the court order showing her allegations were contrived and thank god the judge knew that by virtue of her convuluted testimoney and ZERO supporting facts to her claim. NOPE cant have the guns. the sherrif calls the judge says he has no objections to my firearms being returned....stroll over to the judges chambers.....nope wont sign it gotta have a hearing so just cause can be shown as to why u should not have your guns or not shown as the case may be....THIS IS CRAZY!!!!! Is the reason they took my guns in the first place because of the pfa? yes...OK now it does not exist and the order says denied and i win..... BUT my guns are not in my possesion.... the fact of atty fees etc.... and NOT being able to hunt with my guns say that I HAVE lost no matter what............ What the heck is this ... NAZI germany???? well it just is so common for woman to file these....and it cost them nothing.....I am sure @ times these things are crucial.........however when the r contrived as mine was now what???? ok sue for atty fees etc etc....and you can do that now.....but how do i sue to get back my deer season?

Default Re: Won PFA hearing BUT no guns yet!!

moral of the story, don't date crazy bitches.

(Montgomery County)

Why did you let them take the guns and not exercise your other options?
    The 2A does not GIVE us the right. It tells the gov they can not INFRINGE our right.

Wow, that's a helluva first post! You joined here just to explain all that?

(York County)

1st - Be sure you take a good FIREARMS ATTORNEY with you to the hearing... Not your PFA attorney... Be sure to have the right tool for the job...

2nd - Be sure to convince all your HUNTING BUDDIES that GUN RIGHTS are ALWAYS ABOUT MORE THAN HUNTING.... Defend the 2nd Amendment in all of it's aspects so that we can begin to turn the tide against these UNCONSTITUTIONAL VIOLATIONS of our RIGHT TO KEEP AND BEAR ARMS....

ID

(Washington County)

No did not join just to post my rant but joined because i never realized this could so easily happen to any innocent firearms owner and i have taken the right to keep and bear arms far too lightly..... ANY body can just stroll in and get a PFA because THERE IS NO PREPONDERENCE OF EVIDENCE!!!! yep just that easy...and now its time for me to get active in this pursuit...... Ya i know the moral is not to date crazy broads...but hey they dont always wear signs telling you they are!!!!!! But man i sure wish they did!!!!

(Bucks County)

Slate Reno, please excuse my ignorance.

When you received the PFA, did they actually come to your house and confiscate your guns, or did you have to voluntarily hand them in?

Thanks in advance.

"The more people I meet, the more I like my dog."

(Washington County)

No They served me @ my house and confiscated them right then and there

(Allegheny County)

I feel your pain.... PFA's although a good idea for their origional design, are one of the most abused legal avenues out there. Judges are not suppose to order the removal of firearms unless they were specifically come into play with the facts of the case..... many forget that.

Here in Allegheny County there use to be a blanket policy that all siezed guns went to the crime lab for "testing" and all guns got stamped (ouch). It's not common practice any more thank goodness.

Quote Originally Posted by slate reno View Post
    No They served me @ my house and confiscated them right then and there
    ianal .....but. i too was served and the pfa clearly states you have 24hrs from service of said pfa to relinquish to authorities or to give to an approved third party. sounds like the leo's who served you were out of bounds.

three words bro,

AHH TURN EEY.
    To err is human, to be prepared divine

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast