Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Blair County)

Default Any tips for CC in Florida?

Headed down there pretty soon. Plan on ccing while im there. Anything special I should know? Im searching the internet now, but its hard to find all the info. Fom what I read I need to lock up weapon going trhough SC. Which is fine. More worried about carrying in another state.

Default Re: Any tips for CC in Florida?

Quote Originally Posted by Edg View Post
    Headed down there pretty soon. Plan on ccing while im there. Anything special I should know? Im searching the internet now, but its hard to find all the info. Fom what I read I need to lock up weapon going trhough SC. Which is fine. More worried about carrying in another state.
    You might want to print out the webpage showing that PA has reciprocity from the Dept. of Agriculture website just in case.

(Jefferson County)

No need to lock up the gun in SC. SC allows console and glovebox transport so long as they have a lid that closes.'

Check out www.handgunlaw.us for FL's off-limits places.
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515

Don't end up in my signature!

From what I read I need to lock up weapon going trhough SC.
    And Maryland. Especially Maryland.

(Northampton County)

Just keep it cc in Fl..Ok in restaurants,just do not sit at the bar..

yeah, basically the same prohibited places as here, except there it's illegal in a "bar"

while that basically isn't understood, its basically thought to be at the area of a restaurant that does more than 50% of it's sales in booze or an establishment that does more than 80% in booze. so a bar bar is out, but the bar at an applebees is up in the air.

you may also have in your car even without a permit. but you should be fine. no OC unless you are fishing, hiking, or hunting, and then it's ok. weird nuance, but check out www.floridashootersnetwork.com for rules.

Its PAFOA of the deep south!

(lived there for 4 years and carried as much as I could). Also check your gear for rust or sand every day!

Try here http://floridaconcealedcarry.com/Forum/index.php

printing can be a problem with out of staters so wear a hawaiian shirt over a t-shirt some guys use fanny packs on really hot days. but the weather has been mild so t-shirt with a over shirt will work
    resturants are ok even with alcohol, but you can't sit at the bar or in one

signs at the door mean nothing, but if asked to leave do so
    typical prohibitions federal building public buildings IE sheriffs station, municipal buldings,etc
    parks are ok state & national

have fun, enjoy the sun

sprat
    Packing.org,Deloc,Open carry,Florida Carry Concealed,LFI Graduate

Beyond the issues of the law, tupperware and stainless guns are good, blued guns are not so much, especially if you sweat. Get yourself a couple of Florida shirts - the louder the better - and you will blend right in. I travel to FL a couple of times a year, and even in the western panhandle, it is a lot warmer than what I like or am used to. I carry as described above, and do well with it.

(Allegheny County)

I've been thinking about a trip to Florida myself. I've never flown before but if I do I'm not going without one of my guns. Have any of you used one of these to transport your firearm on a plane?

If so how does the procedure work? Since my name and info isn't engraved on it how do they go about securing it? When you go to pick up your firearm after the flight, is it smooth or a drawn out nightmare?
    http://forum.pafoa.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=22341&dateline=139092  6582

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by K.C. View Post
    I've been thinking about a trip to Florida myself. I've never flown before but if I do I'm not going without one of my guns. Have any of you used one of these to transport your firearm on a plane?

If so how does the procedure work? Since my name and info isn't engraved on it how do they go about securing it? When you go to pick up your firearm after the flight, is it smooth or a drawn out nightmare?
    I have one of those safes, but I use the plastic lockable box the gun came in.

Check the airline you are going on for their rules.

When you get to the counter, tell them you have a gun to declare. They will make you sign a orange slip verifying the gun is not loaded. You put the slip in the gun box, and lock it back up. Keep the key on you. They will take you to the end of the counter, tell you to wait there, and will take your bag to be xrayed. If all is ok, they will tell you to be on your way.

Picking up your bag is like picking up any other bag.

Have a great trip!

"The more people I meet, the more I like my dog."

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast