Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Sig 226

Default Sig 226

I went to a local gunshop today looking for a G19 and saw this Beauty. I feel like such a woman right now. I Can't Pick. 475 for sig, 510 glock. Will CC eventually, but still 3 years to go. Plan on doing some IPSC (lycan?) with it and might some decade upgrade to a comp gun. I would like to shoot 22 with it as well, and planned on the AA conversion for the G19, but seems the only type of conversion for the sig costs as much as my right nut. If I get a Beretta Neos or a Buckmark, will the grip angles of the two interfere with training?

I'd go right with the glock and not look back, but the sig seemed to have a feel for my hand and trigger finger. Did some picture surfing and the length of pull for my trigger finger is quite a difference. I did horrible with a XD, darn near same feel as a glock, right? Seemed the sights wern't lining up...the front kept staying a good bit above the rear sights. All this is making me think to hit the G19, but I've been settled on it a while, plus the conversion kit and reliability of a glock is great. I love/hate half grand choices! I'll be going Wednesday to pick up the sig or order the glockie.
    "See, this side is well roasted; turn me on the other and eat." St. Lawrence

(Philadelphia County)

Default Re: Sig 226

Sig Hands Down.
    Glock 22 Sig 220west G kimber c2 Dan wesson 357 Sig 229 9mm

(Washington County)

Quote Originally Posted by jsb889 View Post
    I went to a local gunshop today looking for a G19 and saw this Beauty. I feel like such a woman right now. I Can't Pick. 475 for sig, 510 glock. Will CC eventually, but still 3 years to go. Plan on doing some IPSC (lycan?) with it and might some decade upgrade to a comp gun. I would like to shoot 22 with it as well, and planned on the AA conversion for the G19, but seems the only type of conversion for the sig costs as much as my right nut. If I get a Beretta Neos or a Buckmark, will the grip angles of the two interfere with training?

I'd go right with the glock and not look back, but the sig seemed to have a feel for my hand and trigger finger. Did some picture surfing and the length of pull for my trigger finger is quite a difference. I did horrible with a XD, darn near same feel as a glock, right? Seemed the sights wern't lining up...the front kept staying a good bit above the rear sights. All this is making me think to hit the G19, but I've been settled on it a while, plus the conversion kit and reliability of a glock is great. I love/hate half grand choices! I'll be going Wednesday to pick up the sig or order the glockie.
    I have no insight into your choice decision, after all I am a woman , but I do have something to offer for your 22 predicament. Oh yes, and you shot it at the group shoot a few weeks ago....a Sig Sauer Mosquito! I do believe it was the very first gun that you shot that day. Remember how nice it was, with the stainless steel slide that was super easy to rack? In case you don't remember, it was mine and I handed it to you with 2 mags...ring a bell yet?

At any rate, the Mosquito is 90% the size of the P226 and has the same setup, just with the addition of a safety. I was told that people who own the 226 often buy the Mosquito for training purposes, ie: cheap shooting, because of the similarity in the guns. FWIW, someone is selling one on here and the price was recently dropped to $270. Here it is. I thought it was a steal when it was listed at $300, but now it's even more so. I had considered it for a moment when it was first posted, but then I decided I'd rather put the money into a pistol that I don't already own.

Wait, I do have some insight to add to your decision... Sigs are sexy guns, Glocks not so much I'm going to run along now, before BT shows up and knocks some sense into you. And me too, for suggesting anything other than a G19

Jenn

(Philadelphia County)

XD's are not like glocks, either in the grip or trigger. If you haven't shot one yet, i suggest you do, that way you can feel confident with your original selection.

Personally i'd take the glock over the sig any day. Lighter, lower profile, better combat trigger, better handling due to its grip and low bore axis, half as many internal parts that can all be purchased inexpensively and replaced without a gunsmith, factory magazines that cost $16 instead of $40, huge selection of holsters and accessories. Depending on what model sig, it may not have an accessory rail.
    Last edited by MarcS; November 19th, 2007 at 11:03 PM.

(Northampton County)

Before making your choice I would recommend shooting them both; it will make the decision far easier. There are some ranges around that have rentals. Both of them are great guns but have a different feel. I prefer the feel of the Sig to the Glock. Actually I haven't found another brand of semi-auto that I enjoy shooting as much as my Sig.

In regards to the 22, I decided to purchase a Buckmark for plinking and the differences in grip have not affected my shooting.

Good luck making your decision
    Last edited by RottiChE; November 20th, 2007 at 08:44 AM.

(Westmoreland County)

Quote Originally Posted by MarcS View Post
    XD's are not like glocks, either in the grip or trigger. If you haven't shot one yet, i suggest you do, that way you can feel confident with your original selection.

Personally i'd take the glock over the sig any day. Lighter, lower profile, better combat trigger, better handling due to its grip and low bore axis, half as many internal parts that can all be purchased inexpensively and replaced without a gunsmith, factory magazines that cost $16 instead of $40, huge selection of holsters and accessories. Depending on what model sig, it may not have an accessory rail.
    I strongly second the glock.

If you can, attend the Dec shoot at PMSC and I'll be happy to review some of the pros and cons of several different handguns.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by jsb889 View Post
    I did horrible with a XD, darn near same feel as a glock, right?
    no, not at all.

i can't shoot those dang XDs straight either.

seriously, though the grip angle is totally different...the gun just feels totally different in my hand from my glocks.

and i really can't shoot them nearly as well as my glocks...or even other people's 1911s.

(this isn't to say one is better than the other...though i do, of course, have my opinion on that,,,but just that glocks and Xds are totally different to shoot.)

(Wayne County)

Talking Re: Sig 226

.I have been a strictly 1911 and or HI Power shooter and also have a hard time shooting Glocks. I had a HK P2000 in 40 S&W and could shoot that pistol as good as any 1911. I just Bought a SIG P226 in 40 S&W and find that a dream to shoot. They seem a little bulky but balance well in my hand. I have shot my friends XD and found that for me I would rather the HK or SIG except for a 1911.

(Centre County)

i'd pick Sig myself over Glocks. Me and Glock trigger and egonomics just don't go well together

for target shooting only i'd go sig.. for carry i say glock...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast