Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Lehigh County)

Default I SAW THE SIGN!!!

no this is not a tribute to ace of base....

at toys r us.... at almost knee level as i was walking in through the door with my wife in altoona PA (scanning for signs as i usually do)

"Firearms are not permitted within premesis"
    accompianed with the good old beretta 92 circled and crossed...

dont worry... they are just looking out for the saftey of the children... and thats why we left....

(Lancaster County)

Default Re: I SAW THE SIGN!!!

Maybe since it was at knee level it meant that kids carrying firearms weren't allowed.
    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

(Venango County)

Quote Originally Posted by streaker69 View Post
    Maybe since it was at knee level it meant that kids carrying firearms weren't allowed.
    Or, no ankle holsters.
    I'm so fast, I can bump fire a bolt action.

(Bucks County)

you should have spoken to the manager and explained to them why you have decided to shop elsewhere instead of turning around and leaving. if enough gun owners who shop at toys r us were to meet with management and tell them since they don't support the second amendment you won't support their business with your hard earned money something might change. businesses want to maximize their profits and if they learn they are losing 10, 20, 30 or maybe even 50% of potential customers their antigun policy will probably change.

(Montgomery County)

Toys r Us bans Firearms. I ban Toys r Us. Went to Family Dollar and bought some awesome toy guns for my son. One of them is what looks like a Springfield 1911 with a rail attachment flashlight and scope. I wish I had one when I was a kid.

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by wellcraft View Post
    you should have spoken to the manager and explained to them why you have decided to shop elsewhere instead of turning around and leaving. if enough gun owners who shop at toys r us were to meet with management and tell them since they don't support the second amendment you won't support their business with your hard earned money something might change. businesses want to maximize their profits and if they learn they are losing 10, 20, 30 or maybe even 50% of potential customers their antigun policy will probably change.
    refer to this thread

http://forum.pafoa.org/concealed-ope...arry-zone.html

(Cumberland County)

Quote Originally Posted by Bigrepp61 View Post
    "Firearms are not permitted within premesis"
    accompianed with the good old beretta 92 circled and crossed...
    That means 96s too. I'm covered, I just wear a Glock when I go toy shopping.
    Selling off a a sizeable Spyderco collection here

Default Reason for THE SIGN ? ? ?

A two-year old incident might have helped Management make up its mind::
    Updated 11/28/2008 9:47:42 PM ET

PALM DESERT, Calif.*— Two men pulled guns and shot each other to death in a crowded Toys "Я" Us store Friday after the women with them erupted into a bloody brawl, witnesses said. Scared shoppers fled but no one else was hurt.
    The violence erupted on Black Friday, the traditional post-Thanksgiving start of the holiday shopping surge, but authorities indicated the shooting wasn't related to a shopping frenzy.
    Riverside County sheriff's Sgt. Dennis Gutierrez said the fight was not over a toy. He said handguns were found by the men's bodies, but he released little other information. He would not answer a question about whether the shooting was gang-related.
    Witnesses Scott and Joan Barrick said they were checking out of the store when the fight began between two women, each with a man. The women were near the checkout area, but the Barricks did not think the women had purchases. 
One woman suddenly started punching the other woman, who fought back as blood flowed from her nose, Scott Barrick, 41, said.
    The man who was with the woman being punched pulled a gun halfway out of his pocket, then shoved it back in, he said.
    "He pulled his gun right next to me. I turned to look for my wife, and she was already hiding," Barrick said.
    "I was scared," said Joan Barrick, 40. "I didn't want to die today. I really didn't want to die today, and I think that's what we were all thinking."
    The other man pulled a gun and pointed it at the first man but forgot to cock it, Scott Barrick said. The first man tried to run but was blocked by the line of people, then ran back toward the store's electronics section as the other man fired his gun, he said.
    The first man reached a dead-end in electronics, turned around and ran toward an exit, pulling his gun and firing back, he said.
    "He went up to the cash register, he went to put his hand on the thing and he just went phoomp," he said, indicating the man fell.
    He said he did not see what happened to the other man.
    Palm Desert Councilman Jim Ferguson said police told him two men with handguns shot and killed each other.
    "I think the obvious question everyone has is who takes loaded weapons into a Toys "Я" Us?" he said. "I doubt it was the casual holiday shopper." Well, I for one don't take weapons or cash into their stores any more.

I'm all for not giving business to those companies that don't allow carry. Some people advocate always carrying no matter what the sign says. I subscribe to that way of thinking. It's why it's called concealed carry.
    If was asked to leave, I would hand them the card that advises them No carry, No $$ and leave.

The guy here in Albuquerque who ripped $2000 of toys from Toys R Us on this just past Black Friday and flashed a gun at a customer who tried to stop him obviously didn't give a damn about the sign. I'm not giving up my right to self defense from dirtbags like him because of some sign. I'm also not gong to try to stop him. That's not my fight.

This same dirtbag then went across the street to the mall and held up the Macy's there. Fuck the signs, I'm not leaving my gun in the car because of a sign. But then again, I'm one of the good guys. Virginia Tech probably had a sign, I know they had a law or a rule, so did Columbine. The killers shot them like fish in a barrel there. Remember Ft. Hood? They had a regulation about carrying there also. You know who is gonna protect you and your family?? YOU or nobody!
    Understand yet?
    Last edited by 3per; November 30th, 2010 at 01:42 AM.

(Monroe County)

Companies like Toys'rus do shit like that because they know as Americans we are a bunch of Cowards, we will continue to dump our money in thier pockets no matter how much they Dis us or Dis the constitution particulary 2nd.amnd.
    The man did the right thing by taking his money elsewhere.

nymaxc

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast