Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default When is Montco Sheriffs going to obey the law?

When will they start following the law and issuing to non-residents? When will start following the law and stop making people go to the local police for the background check? Seems like the ones not following the law is the Sheriff's dept.

(Luzerne County)

Default Re: When is Montco Sheriffs going to obey the law?

This could all stop if the AG did his job. But the biased, former PSP AG Corbett has flat out refused to do his job and address the blatantly illegal acts by MANY LE agencies across the state.

I'm not hoping for much better with whoever he picks for his replacement.

danbus wrote: ...Like I said before, I open carry because you don't, I fight for all my rights because
    you won't, I will not sit with my thumb up my bum and complain, because you will.
    Remember Meleanie

Now Corbett will have no excuse. He is the Governor now. The new AG should be favorable and someone he can work with. There is no excuse. I think he will be favorable or if not make him a one term Governor. Rendell was a piece of sh_t along with being a dirty, rotten, filthy scumbag who is more interested in sports announcing and advertising hoagies named after him.

If you do nothing the urban sprawl of Philadelphia will keep creeping further into the suburbs like a fast acting cancer consuming the state into the vile state of philadelphia.

(Luzerne County)

Quote Originally Posted by LTCcarrier View Post
    Now Corbett will have no excuse. .
    Corbett said his office can not address PD issues unless the local DA's ask them too. Of course, he was able to address other local and state .gov offices corruption without being asked which means he is a liar.

His excuse, or lack of, is not relevant if he simply refuses to go after cops, no matter how bad they are. Which is what he did as AG.
    Thin blue line.
    Last edited by Pa. Patriot; November 27th, 2010 at 03:53 PM.

danbus wrote: ...Like I said before, I open carry because you don't, I fight for all my rights because
    you won't, I will not sit with my thumb up my bum and complain, because you will.
    Remember Meleanie

(Montgomery County)

When it is time to renew my LTCF, do I have to do the local pd check card process again or just go to Norristown and renew?
    Now less Glock, more H&K :)

Quote Originally Posted by glockmaster View Post
    When it is time to renew my LTCF, do I have to do the local pd check card process again or just go to Norristown and renew?
    Amazingly for renewals the sheriff can do it all by himself so you can go to Norristown.

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by LTCcarrier View Post
    When will they start following the law and issuing to non-residents? When will start following the law and stop making people go to the local police for the background check? Seems like the ones not following the law is the Sheriff's dept.
    Oh probably when the thousands of LTCF applicants actually stand up and call out the Sheriffs for not following the law.

I've challenged Montgomery County residents, on this very board, to do nothing more than stand up at County government meetings and talk to the press about these problems. I've been told by most that it's not "worth the time" for them to do so.

I set off a firestorm in Harrisburg by just getting these issues investigated by a State Representative. If myself and just a few others (several of them members of this board) can set off the chain of events that's already been started, having a few more people willing to publicly "draw the line" would certainly help.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by glockmaster View Post
    Just go to the courthouse and renew. New Applicants have to do the police check card.

(Montgomery County)

FWIW I've been informed that the "renewal" process is a repeat of the entire application process- start to finish.

(Chester County)

I just learned this "extra step," was not normal. Instead of getting it right then and there I have to drive all the way back to New Hanover Township, wait 2-3 days, pick up the stamped paper and then drive all the way back to Norristown.

When I go back to Norristown for the second time with my local PD approval slip, will I get my LTCF that day, or will there be more waiting?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast