Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 22 of 122 FirstFirst ... 121819202122232425263272 ... LastLast
    (Monroe County)

Default Re: Tobyhanna SGL Range Reports

Quote Originally Posted by brian1313 View Post
    Hello everyone I am brand new to the forum. I live in the stroudsburg area and have been looking for an outdoor range to shoot at in the area. I have been shootingat pocono pistol and at friends housesnthat have the land to do so for the last year, and I have a few questions if anyone can help me out. My father who does not shoot but works at tobyhanna army depot and has been conversing with co-workers about the Toby range, anyway my questions are, is it a free range if not what is the price?? Do you have to become a member? Is it a safe range? And any basic infornmation anyone would what to know before going to a new range. I would really appreciate any infornmation out there. Thanks for all your help and shoot straight.
    Brian me and my friend just got home from the sgl (tobyhanna) we shot a couple hundred pistol rounds ,as fallenleader said it felt 10* colder there then my house so it will feel like 20* colder then where you live,if you have a hunting permit the range is free to use if not you can buy a range permit,there were a couple of guys picking up brass and a couple guys shooting on the 50 yrd range and that was it the place was empty, oh and YES it is safe once in a while you get some kids that dont know and dont care to know the rules.but all in all it is a great place to shoot!

(Monroe County)

Took my older brother and his wife out the pistol and rifle points Sat. They are new to owning and just broke in two G19 Gen4's. My son didn't mind warming up my M-Forgery as well. It wasn't to cold everyone that was there was safe and cleaning up after themselves. The metal target frames are taking hits and there are all sorts of empty brass and shotgun shells down range and at the tables. I don't reload so a fellow at the range followed me and took the brass with my OK. But there is tons of steel case all over the ground. Between that and folks leaving paper and assorted home made targets down rang it is getting a little trashed.

(Monroe County)

Thumbs up Re: Tobyhanna SGL Range Reports

Thank yous for the quick reply. I am looking foward to getting up there some time later this week. I was just wondering how much the permit costs and how long it would be good for. Just so you know I have lived in the area my whole life and not being brought up shooting, I am really glad I have found this sport. I really enjoy it and look foward to progressing my skills. As most know shooting is not cheap and finding a local range where I will not be under time constraints really interests me.
    So if any one knows off hand about the price of a permit, and how long it is good for? I would appreciate it. Thanks again for the informmation.

(Monroe County)

go to walmart in Mt pocono, buy a resident general hunting license and call it a day... Something like 20 bucks I think.

(Monroe County)

Or a yearly range permit can be bought on the PGC website for I think $35
    Guns don't kill people, it's mostly the bullets.

(Monroe County)

I know you probe wanna kill this newbie for all the questions by now but hahaha I have one more, last one I promise. Here it is if im coming from stroudsburg up should I take 380 to 423 or 380 to 940 the other way to 423? Which way is quicker thanks again for all the help guys.

Quote Originally Posted by brian1313 View Post
    I know you probe wanna kill this newbie for all the questions by now but hahaha I have one more, last one I promise. Here it is if im coming from stroudsburg up should I take 380 to 423 or 380 to 940 the other way to 423? Which way is quicker thanks again for all the help guys.
    Go up 380 and turn left off the exit ramp onto 423. It is less than a mile from there on the right.

(Monroe County)

It was nice out there this afternoon, no asshattery.
    I did note that they cleared up the "are shotguns ok at the pistol line"
    question with no shotgun signs posted on the tables now. Though big suprise it looks like people can't read.
    Owner Trigger Time LLc 01 FFL/NFA Saylorsburg, PA. Sales/Service/Transfers/Training
    NRA CRSO/Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun inst. BSA Rifle/Shotgun Merit badge counselor. US Navy Marksmanship Team Staff

(Monroe County)

Spent about an hour there yesterday with my youngest boy. Put about 200 rounds down range . My son is getting better eah time we go, loves my 1911 and gets headshots pretty good. The weather was great and only a handful of folks enjoying the weather and empty firing points.

(Monroe County)

Spent a few hours there early this morn. Two nice guys at the rifle benches, Tom and Vince. Pistol range was busy, so I didn't bother. Was concentrating on dialing in the .270. Happy with the 130 gr. but the 150's were a bit to hard on me.

Page 22 of 122 FirstFirst ... 121819202122232425263272 ... LastLast