Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 20 of 122 FirstFirst ... 101617181920212223243070120 ... LastLast
    (Wayne County)

Default Re: Tobyhanna SGL Range Reports

Quote Originally Posted by Urban_Redneck View Post
    Pistol side was packed today from 1 til I left around 3pm. Plenty of 100y benches open all day.
    That's right when we were there. I picked up a used H&R 930 Sidekick .22 revolver at Hunter's Gallery the other day for the girls to use and we took it out for the first time today. What a great little gun! The best thing about it is that the action is light enough for my girls to be able to handle it safely. I had been planning on getting a Ruger New Bearcat, but the $460 pricetag has been keeping me looking for used. I got the H&R for under $200. Ya can't beat that.

Younger daughter was at a party so elder daughter and I went shooting while mom came along and read her book and enjoyed the sunshine.

Here's elder daughter w/ the H&R.

IMG00568-20120318-1425.jpg

And here she is w/ her Crickett. After a while, her thumb started to get sore from cocking the hammer back on the revolver. She's getting good enough with the rifle that I need to work her over to the 25 and 50 yard ranges. Younger daughter is still having trouble w/ the peep sights on the Crickett once in a while. I'll keep her at the 10 yard range for a while.

IMG00570-20120318-1438.jpg

And most surprisingly, despite the fact that the entire pistol range was full the entire time that I was there, not once did I witness any asshattery or poor muzzle control. I was watching everyone else as much if not more than my daughter. Her I don't have to worry about. I was very glad to see this, though.
    Sed ego sum homo indomitus

(Wayne County)

Quote Originally Posted by roberts257ai View Post
    Just curious....... does anyone have their shooting permits or hunting license displayed?
    I keep mine pinned to the zipper of my range bag and facing the parking lot. I've not been approached by a WCO yet.

(Monroe County)

Just curious....... does anyone have their shooting permits or hunting license displayed?
    Why would we? It's not required. I keep mine in the ammo can, if asked I have it.
    Owner Trigger Time LLc 01 FFL/NFA Saylorsburg, PA. Sales/Service/Transfers/Training
    NRA CRSO/Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun inst. BSA Rifle/Shotgun Merit badge counselor. US Navy Marksmanship Team Staff

(Wayne County)

Quote Originally Posted by Rosco the Iroc View Post
    Why would we? It's not required. I keep mine in the ammo can, if asked I have it.
    Depends on how you look at it. I display mine so I don't have to be interrupted while being asked to see it. It's there in plain view. I'm in compliance. Now leave me be. YMMV.

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by Sandcut View Post
    I keep mine pinned to the zipper of my range bag and facing the parking lot. I've not been approached by a WCO yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandcut View Post
    Depends on how you look at it. I display mine so I don't have to be interrupted while being asked to see it. It's there in plain view. I'm in compliance. Now leave me be. YMMV.
    Did I miss something? Since when do you need a "shooting permit" or hunting license to use a public range?

(Monroe County)

Question - I live about 2 miles from the Tobyhanna Range. What keeps the gang bangers from practicing there?

(Clinton County)

Quote Originally Posted by snakeman21 View Post
    Did I miss something? Since when do you need a "shooting permit" or hunting license to use a public range?
    http://forum.pafoa.org/centre-50/130...gc-ranges.html
    Go here and read. The PGC on their ranges passed this last year. To shoot on PGC ranges you are required eithe ror a range permit or a hunting license. The permit can be purchased from their web sight.

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by RCS View Post
    Question - I live about 2 miles from the Tobyhanna Range. What keeps the gang bangers from practicing there?
    Nothing. They show up and have been arrested in the past. I'm sure 99 out of 100 times they go there and there are no incidents, and the police are never alerted.
    Quote Originally Posted by headcase View Post
    let them eventually bring the FBI to kill my wife and son over fucking chickens....

(Wayne County)

I was just curious how many of the participants know the new legislation requirement and also if it is enforced. I grew up shooting at the original range. It is a shame what it turned into. ( no disrespect to all who abide by the regulations.)

(Monroe County)

I dont know about all the others (i have never seen anyone displaying) but mine is clipped on my USO bag when its not on the back of my camo hunting jacket!

Page 20 of 122 FirstFirst ... 101617181920212223243070120 ... LastLast