I get some of my best thoughts during that dream state, just before you wake up. This morning I was laying in bed pondering why Ed Rendell would bother taking the gun control dog and pony show to the legislature. Out of the blue it hit me. Big Ed is running for something. We all know that Big ED plays both side of any political issue. During the last gubernatorial election he parroted the line of the Phillycrats on "common sense gun control", while he was quietly stopping in local gun stores to personally assure those folks he wasn't after their rights. This two-faced approach has worked well for Rendell over the years. It enabled Rendell to trounce Lynne Swann in the last election. The blacks in Philadelphia voted for Rendell over a brother.

I think Rendell has his sights set higher. At first I thought he would be seek appointment to the State Supreme Court. Justice Rendell has a nice ring doesn't. Do you think His wife is already a judge, they could carpool or more likely limopool.
Would Justice Rendell vote inn favor of the second ammendment or against? Do you think he would vote against the PSP gun registry? I doubt it.

I'll bet he is hedging his bet, by playing two cards.

All of a sudden it came to me in a flash................Big ED is setting himself up to be Hillary's running mate. Mr Rendell can deliver Philadelphia and the election to Mrs Clinton. The way she has been practicing her southern drawl, and playing up the Arkansas connection she probably thinks she can carry the south herself.
Tammy Wynette would be so proud

Clinton / Rendell 08