Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Alternative Weapons FL/PA

I know as a Florida CCW holder when I visit PA on my Florida permit I cannot carry other lethal weapons such as an ASP baton, blackjack, etc. But do you PA residents carry such weapons on your PA License to Carry when you visit Florida?

(Franklin County)

Default Re: Alternative Weapons FL/PA

Quote Originally Posted by LTCcarrier View Post
    I know as a Florida CCW holder when I visit PA on my Florida permit I cannot carry other lethal weapons such as an ASP baton, blackjack, etc. But do you PA residents carry such weapons on your PA License to Carry when you visit Florida?
    Can you site a FL statute that suggests FL law would permit such a thing?

PA issues a "License To Carry Firearms", not a "Concealed Weapons Permit." State to state, there is a difference.
    Last edited by gnbrotz; November 23rd, 2010 at 09:55 PM.
    Get your "Guns Save Lives" stickers today! PM for more info.

(Jefferson County)

Quote Originally Posted by gnbrotz View Post
    FL's law allows for carrying guns, knives, batons, and other devices on their permit. In FL, it is a conceal weapons permit.

When someone is in FL from another state, with that other state's license which FL honors - they can carry as Florida allows.
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515

Don't end up in my signature!

(Jefferson County)

Quote Originally Posted by HKUSP View Post
    Interesting.

When in Rome, do as the Romans..
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515

(Jefferson County)

790.06 License to carry concealed weapon or firearm.

(1) The Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services is authorized to issue licenses to carry concealed weapons or concealed firearms to persons qualified as provided in this section. Each such license must bear a color photograph of the licensee. For the purposes of this section, concealed weapons or concealed firearms are defined as a handgun, electronic weapon or device, tear gas gun, knife, or billie, but the term does not include a machine gun as defined in s. 790.001(9). Such licenses shall be valid throughout the state for a period of 7 years from the date of issuance. Any person in compliance with the terms of such license may carry a concealed weapon or concealed firearm notwithstanding the provisions of s. 790.01. The licensee must carry the license, together with valid identification, at all times in which the licensee is in actual possession of a concealed weapon or firearm and must display both the license and proper identification upon demand by a law enforcement officer. Violations of the provisions of this subsection shall constitute a noncriminal violation with a penalty of $25, payable to the clerk of the court.

(Franklin County)

Quote Originally Posted by knight0334 View Post

(1) The Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services is authorized to issue licenses to carry concealed weapons or concealed firearms to persons qualified as provided in this section. Each such license must bear a color photograph of the licensee. For the purposes of this section, concealed weapons or concealed firearms are defined as a handgun, electronic weapon or device, tear gas gun, knife, or billie, but the term does not include a machine gun as defined in s. 790.001(9). Such licenses shall be valid throughout the state for a period of 7 years from the date of issuance. Any person in compliance with the terms of such license may carry a concealed weapon or concealed firearm notwithstanding the provisions of s. 790.01. The licensee must carry the license, together with valid identification, at all times in which the licensee is in actual possession of a concealed weapon or firearm and must display both the license and proper identification upon demand by a law enforcement officer. Violations of the provisions of this subsection shall constitute a noncriminal violation with a penalty of $25, payable to the clerk of the court.
    Is there any statutory reference to reciprocity that explicitly indicates it includes "weapons" as permitted by FL law?

I understand the "when in Rome" thing. I'm just seeking further clarification if it's available.

(Jefferson County)

Is there any statutory reference to reciprocity that explicitly indicates it includes "weapons" as permitted by FL law?

I understand the "when in Rome" thing. I'm just seeking further clarification if it's available.
    Yeah, Article 4 Section 2 of the US Constitution, and Amendment XIV Section 1. lol Laws apply equally to those within the state.

There is no other statutes that I know of in FL law that says reciprocal licenses must carry guns only. Florida just has a law saying carrying concealed guns, knives, batons, and other weapons is illegal. Then there is a license/permit which exempts you from that law. Then there is a law that allows for reciprocal coverage. A reciprocal honoring is as valid for covering weapons in FL just as if it were a FL CWP.

(Franklin County)

Yeah, Article 4 Section 2 of the US Constitution, and Amendment XIV Section 1. lol Laws apply equally to those within the state.

There is no other statutes that I know of in FL law that says reciprocal licenses must carry guns only. Florida just has a law saying carrying concealed guns, knives, batons, and other weapons is illegal. Then there is a license/permit which exempts you from that law. Then there is a law that allows for reciprocal coverage. A reciprocal honoring is as valid for covering weapons in FL just as if it were a FL CWP.
    Thanks for the brief, yet concise, explanation.

Sinking Spring/Wernersville, Pennsylvania
    (Berks County)

[snip] tear gas gun, .[snip]
    when a law gets this specific I have to stop and ask what the hell happened to make them write this into the law. Then I also start to wonder how we can get this written into the PA law
    "Always vote for principle, though you may vote alone, and you may cherish the sweetest reflection that your vote is never lost." - JOHN ADAMS, 2nd President of the United States of America

(1) The Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services is authorized to issue licenses to carry concealed weapons or concealed firearms to persons qualified as provided in this section. Each such license must bear a color photograph of the licensee. [B]For the purposes of this section, concealed weapons or concealed firearms are defined as a handgun, electronic weapon or device, tear gas gun, knife, or billie...
    I don't see blackjack listed there. I would not consider a billie a blackjack... or is it?

I thought a billie (club) is more like a night stick and a blackjack is a small flexible leather-covered piece of lead.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast