Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Thread: Glock40Guy

(Delaware County)

Default Glock40Guy

Update, 7/29/2010, The deal went through and all is fine.

Update Tues 7/27/2010
    In the post below I complained that after multiple emails, private messages, phone calls and text messages, Glock40Guy dropped off the planet and left me hanging at the agreed meeting. No calls, no text...nothing. After writing PMs to him, supposedly seeing that he was reading my messages but choosing to ignore me, I waited almost two days and wrote the complaint message below. I did say I would retract it with any kind of decent explanation.

Well it appears he has one, and one that I really wish he didn't have to write.

Lenny explains that his father had a stroke and he had to rush off to be with him. I am REALLY SORRY to have heard this. Lenny, I just knew there had to be some reason why we had so many messages to coordinate this and then you just fell off the planet. We had 4 text messages that morning confirming our plans and then nothing....... When I saw that you had been on but had not answered my request for explanation, I thought you were ignoring me. Or, after reading your message, then it turns out you were beyond ability to communicate because of all the unknowns. Been there, done that. Cancer, heart attack, etc with my dad.
    Lenny, I wish your father all the best and he is in my family prayers. When and if I hear from you in the future, it will be ok.
    Smitty

TEXT DELETED

EDIT ADD:
    Since I wrote the above, I have four very nice supporting comments below from people along the way I have met and/or done deals with in the past. Thanks for the nice comments! I am not mad at Glock40Guy but it did put me out 2 hours of my time and about 40 miles of driving for nothing. It was pretty irritating when we had had such perfect communications over the previous 96 hours. Again, it is his right whether to sell or to not sell for any reason. My only issue was that if he changed his mind, sold it to someone else, had some emergency, or just any of a million justifiable reasons...... just explain it and be done with it. Everyone out there has had some point where they failed and didn't deliver. It is my philosophy that you learn more about the quality of people in bad times than you do in good times. Smitty
    Last edited by smitty56; July 30th, 2010 at 09:58 AM. Reason: Got message from Lenny, retracting my complaint. Deal is now done.

(Montgomery County)

Default Re: Glock40Guy ?

I was not going to say anything since our deal was not done but now I feel I should. I PM'd him about stuff he had listed, back and forth a few times and set up a time to meet. We had a deal set up to meet on Cityline Ave @ 6 last week, he said he would call me at 5:30. He had my cell, I had his. He never called. I called after he missed his call time and no answer, I went online and PM'd him asking what was up, if he made another deal, ect. No answer and still hasn't.

(Delaware County)

I Can't Speak for the other guy but I just did a deal with Smitty56 and find him to be a stand up guy. The deal went great. Hope it all works out.
    Mike

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by glocking26 View Post
    I Can't Speak for the other guy but I just did a deal with Smitty56 and find him to be a stand up guy. The deal went great. Hope it all works out.
    Mike
    Notto make this a he said/she said, but to lend credence to Smittys issue I can confirm that I, too, have done deals with Smitty and he is a great commuicator and a great guy. I certainly hope everything is OK with Glock40guy, but in my book Smittys word is gold.
    Saint Michael the Archangel, defend us in battle. Amen. **PROUD III**

Seems like there have been too many deadbeat guys on here lately. Seems like the same thing that happened with me.

Some advice for those that want to buy/sell on here or any other forum. If you come to an agreement...HONOR it. Good communication is key. I think most people are reasonable and will understand if something happens...it's called life. But don't jerk people around...especially when you agree to a time and place. Do the right thing.

To the mods...perhaps a policy change should take place on this site? Say, if a member gets too many complaints that their account gets locked.

Bummer that your deal fell through, BUT in the end it's probably better that you don't deal with someone like Lenny.

Default Re: Glock40Guy

I was contacted by him last night(11/23) to make a trade, multiple pm's and texts; and for several hours via. text message this morning (11/24)and we agreed to meet. We were to meet at my FFL and he would call after work which was 4:00pm. I texted him and also called about 7-8 times and right to voicemail, I was waiting at the store to make the deal(2 hours) figuring his cell battery could have died or maybe no service. I don't know what's going on as I haven't heard anything from him. I have sent a PM to him and another text but no response as of yet. I would like to continue our agreement as planned, I even offered to pay his transfer fee if he drove to my FFL, which he agreed to. I would like to hear back from him at some point, I feel as if my time was just wasted, 2 hours in a store waiting and no call no show. What's up?
    11/24 pm
    Now he's ducking me. I sent a pm with a read request and another text still no response. I know he has been online because his profile says it, I think it's lame he doesn't even respond, where's the courtesy? Is this really how this guy does his deals? Really??? Lame dude..real lame. If you don't want to make the deal happen just say so.
    11/25 still no response
    11/26 @7:18pm still nothing
    12/5 @ 11:25pm NOT A HINT. Don't waste your time with this deadbeat. I'm not the first he's done this to.
    Last edited by *Klutch*; December 6th, 2010 at 12:26 AM.

(Delaware County)

Good luck. I hate to say anything negative but it is disappointing for someone to have a whole series of conversations arranging the deal and then leave you hanging waiting at the FFL. Stuff happens I understand but responsibily happens too. You won't even be the second person this has happened to.
    Sorry.

PS, and as you check in for messages? You will see that he is and has been online. Not specifically at this time but it was for me. He had plenty of opportunities to text, call, email or PM yet declined. Of all my deals, this was the only one who had problems.

Quote Originally Posted by *Klutch* View Post
    I was contacted by him last night(11/23) to make a trade, multiple pm's and texts; and for several hours via. text message this morning (11/24)and we agreed to meet. We were to meet at my FFL and he would call after work which was 4:00pm. I texted him and also called about 7-8 times and right to voicemail, I was waiting at the store to make the deal(2 hours) figuring his cell battery could have died or maybe no service. I don't know what's going on as I haven't heard anything from him. I have sent a PM to him and another text but no response as of yet. I would like to continue our agreement as planned, I even offered to pay his transfer fee if he drove to my FFL, which he agreed to. I would like to hear back from him at some point, I feel as if my time was just wasted, 2 hours in a store waiting and no call no show. What's up?
    11/24 pm
    Now he's ducking me. I sent a pm with a read request and another text still no response. I know he has been online because his profile says it, I think it's lame he doesn't even respond, where's the courtesy? Is this really how this guy does his deals? Really??? Lame dude..real lame. If you don't want to make the deal happen just say so.
    11/25 still no response

Quote Originally Posted by smitty56 View Post
    Good luck. I hate to say anything negative but it is disappointing for someone to have a whole series of conversations arranging the deal and then leave you hanging waiting at the FFL. Stuff happens I understand but responsibily happens too. You won't even be the second person this has happened to.
    Sorry.

PS, and as you check in for messages? You will see that he is and has been online. Not specifically at this time but it was for me. He had plenty of opportunities to text, call, email or PM yet declined. Of all my deals, this was the only one who had problems.
    I agree stuff happens, but it doesn't happen that often and as you said I'm not even the 2nd guy to say this but whatever; he's lame.
    I put a notification of read pm on the one I sent him, and I know he has been online but is ducking me and the pm and the voicemails and the texts. Like I said lame whatever the excuse is, it will be lame, as this is how he does his deals. He has had 2 days of opportunities to respond somehow and has not. Trust me I'm not heart broken.