Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Default My brother just dropped off his app.

Been bugging my brother to get his LTCF for a about a year now. I just spoke with him and he just dropped his app off with the Phila gun unit. His girlfriend told me she'll be getting him a gun for Christmas and i'll be giving him my 92fs Compact.
    I posted cause i was overly excited.

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: My brother just dropped off his app.

Does his GF have her LTCF? If not, maybe you should suggest it.

Quote Originally Posted by dunsho View Post
    Been bugging my brother to get his LTCF for a about a year now. I just spoke with him and he just dropped his app off with the Phila gun unit. His girlfriend told me she'll be getting him a gun for Christmas and i'll be giving him my 92fs Compact.
    I posted cause i was overly excited.
    Glad to hear he's applying for a PA LTCF.

Just a note, to make sure you're aware and to keep you and your brother's girlfriend legal - transfers of handguns between siblings (or between boyfriend/girlfriend) are not exempt from the requirement to go through an FFL or county sheriff. See 18 PA C.S. § 6111 (c) below:

18 PA C.S. § 6111: Sale or transfer of firearms

(c) Duty of other persons.--Any person who is not a licensed importer, manufacturer or dealer and who desires to sell or transfer a firearm to another unlicensed person shall do so only upon the place of business of a licensed importer, manufacturer, dealer or county sheriff's office, the latter of whom shall follow the procedure set forth in this section as if he were the seller of the firearm. The provisions of this section shall not apply to transfers between spouses or to transfers between a parent and child or to transfers between grandparent and grandchild.

(Montgomery County)

Just out of curiosity, what is the law in Philly for carrying? I keep hearing that people can't carry there even with a CCW.

(Jefferson County)

Quote Originally Posted by JasonK007 View Post
    Just out of curiosity, what is the law in Philly for carrying? I keep hearing that people can't carry there even with a CCW.
    You need a LTCF to carry openly, concealed, or in a vehicle in Philly per state law. Philly is prohibited from making their own gun laws. Anywhere else in the state you only need a LTCF if you carry concealed or in a vehicle.
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515

Don't end up in my signature!

(Philadelphia County)

Good for your brother ! Tell him to check with them if he doesn't see or hear anything in 45 days. They did this to me and on the 51st day I went up there and sure enough the permit was approved but the examiner forgot to make a manager sign off on it, so the notice to come and pick it up was never mailed to me ! As far as the laws technically open carry is legal in Philadelphia with a CC Permit but what they do is when you apply for a permit, they make you agree and sign that the permit is for "Concealed Carry Only", thus waiving your right to open carry ! I know it sucks and it's wrong but this is how Philthadelphia does it ! If you don't sign and agree to that you will not be issued a permit at all ! So of course everyone signs ! It's difficult enough to get a CCP here and people don't want to make it worse. Damn City of First Class, PHOOEY ! I personally don't see what's so first class about it ? LOL Hopefully when the republicans take over here we can get the laws changed for the better here, until then I'll just keep planning my move up to Bradford or Williamsport and keep on dreaming until I get there and deal with the slop here until that day comes!
    You Can Take My Gun When You Pry it From My Dead, Cold, Hand !

Quote Originally Posted by PhillyGunslinger View Post
    Good for your brother ! Tell him to check with them if he doesn't see or hear anything in 45 days. They did this to me and on the 51st day I went up there and sure enough the permit was approved but the examiner forgot to make a manager sign off on it, so the notice to come and pick it up was never mailed to me ! As far as the laws technically open carry is legal in Philadelphia with a CC Permit but what they do is when you apply for a permit, they make you agree and sign that the permit is for "Concealed Carry Only", thus waiving your right to open carry ! I know it sucks and it's wrong but this is how Philthadelphia does it ! If you don't sign and agree to that you will not be issued a permit at all ! So of course everyone signs ! It's difficult enough to get a CCP here and people don't want to make it worse. Damn City of First Class, PHOOEY ! I personally don't see what's so first class about it ? LOL Hopefully when the republicans take over here we can get the laws changed for the better here, until then I'll just keep planning my move up to Bradford or Williamsport and keep on dreaming until I get there and deal with the slop here until that day comes!

You hope the Republicans will take over in Philadelphia and change gun laws. Well first of all it seems like the Demos always rule in Phila. Even when you have a Republican they are the liberal Republicans that give the party a bad name. I would rather have a liberal gun hating Demo than a liberal Republican. I see no hope for Philadelphia unless someone sues them for violation of rights or the State government does something.

(Philadelphia County)

Exclamation Re: My brother just dropped off his app.

Quote Originally Posted by LTCcarrier View Post
    You hope the Republicans will take over in Philadelphia and change gun laws. Well first of all it seems like the Demos always rule in Phila. Even when you have a Republican they are the liberal Republicans that give the party a bad name. I would rather have a liberal gun hating Demo than a liberal Republican. I see no hope for Philadelphia unless someone sues them for violation of rights or the State government does something.
    As sad as it sounds I believe your right ! I hope the city does get sued or threatened to sue like back in the 90's when Philly didn't want to issue CC permits ! Both the state and NRA threatened to file suit for violation of 2nd amendment rights and 2 days later, Philly was issueing permits to carry.
    It can be done, we just need some politicians with balls to make it happen.
    Believe me I can't stand being around all these liberals either and they are coming to this town in hordes. I can't wait until my son is 18 so I could move northwest up to Bradford or Erie County. Even Williamsport would be good on the east side of the state ! I The only "Real" hope is if we elect someone in the Patriot or Constitutionalist party. Those are the only two parties that will uphold the constitution as it stands without trying to rewrite it ! Good luck with that too, no one wants to stray from the main two parties. The only reason why the alternate parties don't get elected is because they don't havbe the big money machine and Incorporation like the main two. Some folks also think alt party = Ralph Nader ? Well hell no, that's just one choice and it's the bad one even the Libertarians hold to the constitution without wanting to change it even though I disagree with some of their ideology. I hate it here in this Rat Hole town, Philly SUCKS ! What I would do just to be able to go out to my back yard, put up some targets or steel cans and such, and shoot till im happy without having to worry. Or even open carry in my town without getting harassed by cops or town folk.
    Last edited by PhillyGunslinger; December 10th, 2010 at 08:56 AM.
    You Can Take My Gun When You Pry it From My Dead, Cold, Hand !