Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Chester County)

Default Airport help for tonight please

I am going to pick someone up at the Philly airport late tonight and I want to know what I can do as far as carrying concealed on airport property. I will be going into the baggage claim area and do not want to leave my gun in the car unattended (my father has had his car stolen from the parking lot there). Am I ok to carry in the airport as long as I dont go through security?

thanks for the help

(Franklin County)

Default Re: Airport help for tonight please

Quote Originally Posted by XACEX View Post
    Am I ok to carry in the airport as long as I dont go through security?
    Yes.

10 chars.
    Get your "Guns Save Lives" stickers today! PM for more info.

(Chester County)

thanks. also, i know its been mentioned here before but i cant find the right thread. Can i carry at the Liberty Bell and Independence hall?

thanks

i don't think you can carry at the bell or at the hall. federal buildings with staff.

(Berks County)

Few months back trying to get out of the parking garage there was quite a line. Apparently they scan or get license munbers with cams now at the exit gate. They have a sign that says don't pull up to the booth or something but... everybody did.

The guys in the booths just sat on their asses... people finally figured it out and backed up.

It was a fuster cluck... Typical Philly gubmant workers I guess.

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by twoeggsup View Post
    Few months back trying to get out of the parking garage there was quite a line. Apparently they scan or get license munbers with cams now at the exit gate. They have a sign that says don't pull up to the booth or something but... everybody did.

The guys in the booths just sat on their asses... people finally figured it out and backed up.

Its always so easy to blame the workers, especially if its people that you dont like, but never the people behind the scene making and implementing policy, .

I doubt if Himmler or Eichman themselves ever pull the trigger or throw anyone in the ovens but thier policies killed thousands if not millions of people.

Everytime you see a Worker wether its a government worker or private enterprise always remember that there is someone behind the scenes making and implementing policy.
    Workers dont make the rules they enforce them.

They record license plates at the exit of the long term parking lots, not the temporary parking. This is done for one reason. The best place to steal a car and have a week or more till it's report stolen is from airport parking. The short term hourly parking does not have the license plate cameras.

Quote Originally Posted by twoeggsup View Post

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by jamonit View Post
    They record license plates at the exit of the long term parking lots, not the temporary parking. This is done for one reason. The best place to steal a car and have a week or more till it's report stolen is from airport parking. The short term hourly parking does not have the license plate cameras.
    So by taking pics of plates they'll have a record of when it left? That still gives them "week or more" til the owner gets back and it's reported stolen...no? What's being accomplished?

(Montgomery County)

Not true about the short term versus garage parking. Both use the same exit, the only difference is the ticket. Dave_n PS I travel through there very regularly.

(Chester County)

There are signs just outside the TSA lines that you cannot proceed further with a firearm
    Hoplophobia is funny