Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: 1911 which one?

(Lehigh County)

Default 1911 which one?

Thinking of getting a 1911 style for Christmas. Would like to spend under 1000. Currently i have my eye one one of these two.
    http://www.kimberamerica.com/product...crimson_carry/

http://www.springfield-armory.com/armory.php?version=21

Any opinions on these or another one i should consider personally like the two tone look. Kimber would be top of my price range. Thanks for any help

Also add in the Dan Wesson Cbob and Kimber super carry custom as per post 24......
    Last edited by Gkgas; December 21st, 2010 at 09:38 PM.

(Berks County)

Default Re: 1911 which one?

Do you have any idea of the immense proportions of the can of worms that you have just unleashed?

I've owned a Springfield, a Taurus, and currently I have a Smith and Wesson 1911. All three have been excellent firearms.

I predict that people will push you towards a low-end (but very well-made) Rock Island, or the Springfield, with a few pushing you towards the Kimber. Really, it's all about what you intend to do with it and how much you want to spend. You don't have to break the bank for a good 1911.

(Butler County)

I'm lusting after a Kimber Pro Crimson Carry II with the 4" barrel.
    "I pledge allegiance to the Flag of the United States of America, and to the Republic for which it stands, one Nation indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."

Quote Originally Posted by crlovel View Post
    Do you have any idea of the immense proportions of the can of worms that you have just unleashed?

I've owned a Springfield, a Taurus, and currently I have a Smith and Wesson 1911. All three have been excellent firearms.

I predict that people will push you towards a low-end (but very well-made) Rock Island, or the Springfield, with a few pushing you towards the Kimber. Really, it's all about what you intend to do with it and how much you want to spend. You don't have to break the bank for a good 1911.
    "Thats a Bingo!" Inglorious Basterds

I personally am looking into a RIA. But this is because I just want a 1911 shooter. If I were looking for a high end 1911 id go kimber.

Springfield all the way.

(Monroe County)

Pick one, they're both good, you pretty much can't go wrong here.

I personally lust after a Springfield 1911 Trophy Match

stainless, wood grips, adjustable sights, mmmmmmmmm. *cold shower*

the one you linked to will be less sensitive to the sights being banged, which is good for a carry weapon but I'm biased, i like Springfields.
    ONE TO THE HEAD!!!!

(Northumberland County)

Kimbers are nice .45acp for close to 1000, dont forget RIA you can buy 2 or 3 for the price of one Kimber- i was impressed by the RIA, i didnt think they were that good .

(Berks County)

I would say Kimber but I'm slightly biased as I'm currently own my 2nd Ultra Carry II. I would also look into RIA, Taurus, & Para if you're looking for a cheaper one. As someone else mentioned you could own 2 of either for the price of one Kimber typically.

(Westmoreland County)

Take a look at STI's before you decide.

The Trojan is a strong choice for a 5" 1911, and the Ranger and Guardians are good choices for smaller 1911's. All should be available right around the $1000 price range.

If you are looking in the $500-600 range. Look at their Spartan series, the are made on Armscor frames and slides with all STI parts. Better quality and fitting than the Tauras, RIA, Armscor 1911's.

I order mine from Shooter's connection. http://shootersconnectionstore.com/Hand-Guns-C311.aspx
    Friends don't let friends buy Taurus's

(Lehigh County)

I have looked into the cheaper ones I know they are good, but really looking for one of the pretty ones. On the other hand do not want to pay for its looks unless it is a good reliable gun. The two i listed seem to be good hoping for a few other options really like the look of the the ones I linked too. I would consider a used one if they popped up. Thanks for they replies so far.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast