Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default CCW Permit Holder

hey everyone, sorry im not real active, got married recently, bought a house, working 6 days a week to keep everything together. im sure most of you know what im talking about! heh.

anyway i came across this in my latest budK catalog and it warranted a break from my busy schedule to share with you all:

An absolute must for any concealed weapons permit holder! This law enforcement quality badge is exceptionally crafted and features a durable high-luster finish. The genuine black leather wallet has a window for your permit or ID. 5" x 3"

http://budk.com/Gifts-and-Gadgets/Co...-Badge-Wallet?

im getting a conceal carry vest for Christmas, might pick up this wallet after Christmas with any money i have left over

(Luzerne County)

Default Re: CCW Permit Holder

These things have been discussed many times in the past. The end result boils down to whats the point?
    troll Free. It's all in your mind.

(Washington County)

Quote Originally Posted by normanvin View Post
    These things have been discussed many times in the past. The end result boils down to whats the point?
    Agreed. If you conceal, that's the whole point. If you want people to know you're carrying, why not just open carry? Open carry is legal in pa, and you don't need a license unless transporting or concealing.

(Monroe County)

If you want to be a policeman join the force. If not leave the fake shield to Mickey and Donald.
    Last edited by Exbiker; November 21st, 2010 at 03:36 PM.

A great idea -- but only for the guy selling them. You might also consider that a conviction for impersonating a police officer -- entirely plausible if you're waving one of these around -- is a prohibiting offense in Pennsylvania. That means no guns for the rest of your life.

"I don't have to show you any steenking badges!"

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by Too-Tall View Post
    hey everyone, sorry im not real active, got married recently, bought a house, working 6 days a week to keep everything together. im sure most of you know what im talking about! heh.

anyway i came across this in my latest budK catalog and it warranted a break from my busy schedule to share with you all:

An absolute must for any concealed weapons permit holder! This law enforcement quality badge is exceptionally crafted and features a durable high-luster finish. The genuine black leather wallet has a window for your permit or ID. 5" x 3"

http://budk.com/Gifts-and-Gadgets/Co...-Badge-Wallet?

im getting a conceal carry vest for Christmas, might pick up this wallet after Christmas with any money i have left over
    1. There is no such thing as a CCW Permit in PA. It's a LTCF (License to Carry Firearms)

2. It's a bad idea. The LTCF is Official enough. The badge just takes extra space.

(Lancaster County)

Unless you want people to catch a glimpse of that when you get your money out at the convenience store and think your a cop it is absolutely useless. I first thought your post was spam when I read your description of the product. It just sounded like you were trying to sell it. I apologize and know you are indeed a member. Badges should be earned not bought. IMO nothing good can come of carrying that.

(York County)

Simple as this...I two forms of ID: my driver's license and my gun. Cops, bank tellers, and cashiers who see the words 'Ask for ID' on the back of my bank card can see my driver's license. Anybody else wanting to see my wallet are going to see my other form of ID...the gun. My gun is my official ID for everybody else for one simple reason: the only thing they need to know is I'm the guy with the gun.

From that point on, there's two kinds of people in the area: people about to get shot or people getting the Hell out of Dodge. Anybody who don't understand gun don't understand badge. If they don't understand gun, they're getting shot.

If I want a badge, I'll go get myself a Winchester '73 and join SASS. The day my gun ain't a good enough ID is the day I'm getting the Hell out of Dodge.

(Lancaster County)

This discussion has been going on in gun forums for as long as I can remember. You don't need nor should want a badge as a private citizen carrying a gun. If you want a badge so bad, go sign up for the police academy and become a cop.
    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast