Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Talking SIS SAUER CLASSIC SWAT (PICK UP 10am TOMORROW

Just pick this baby up today & got it configured & will be zeroing it tomorrow. Hopefully with some good range report's dam it going to hard to sleep...LOL

I added a Leupold 6 x 18 benchrest model with target knob's & an Aimpoint on the right side rail for close up's. The Sig verticle grip with 70 lumen's of bright light or strobe & laser. Plan on takeing it to the range tomorrow morning then I'll add SOME RANGE pics

I love everything about it so far enought to have purchased it, well pick it up a 10am tomorrow.
    I have 4 other AR's BUT NO SIG, GOD I LOVE THIS RIFLE AND HAVE NOT EVEN SHOT IT YET!!!!

PLEASE from those who have them (OR FRIEND'S) tell me everything you will about it. Pro's Con's ANYTHING & EVERYTHING
    iT'S GOING TO TO HARD TO SLEEP TONIGHT I'm so excited I'm about to die...tell me...tell.me. HELP ME MAKE IT TILL MORNING WITH YOUR STORIE'S...PLEEASE

IT will be my first piston rifle..that's new and exciting and I love the CNC ing out of a solid block, side charging, folding stock & adjustable pull. It come's threaded for a can which will be first add on. Still thinking optic's though. Allready use EoTech's, ACOG's, Leupold's etc.. There so many new optic's & option's out there please suggest, because I want this Sig completely opposite from all my other variation's. Open to suggestion's

I have been considering old school ...using iron's for a change but add a light with laser for night emergency's??? I also like the tiny little red dot's like leupold, the doctor etc. One's you piggy back with an ACOG.
    Last edited by Ronnies111; November 19th, 2010 at 08:50 PM.
    I'm Your Huckaberry...Say When:)

(Monroe County)

Default Re: SIS SAUER CLASSIC SWAT (PICK UP 10am TOMORROW

lack of brass deflector sucks, but other that that theyre great guns. I've shot my friend's, and its a dream to shoot. he has 1000's of rounds through it without a hiccup.
    Last edited by CHEMICAL; November 18th, 2010 at 09:54 PM. Reason: punctuation :p

Question Re: SIS SAUER CLASSIC SWAT (PICK UP 10am TOMORROW

Quote Originally Posted by CHEMICAL View Post
    lack of brass deflector sucks, but other that that theyre great guns. I've shot my friends, and its a dream to shoot. he has 1000's of rounds through it without a hiccup.
    I had not noticed that, is there any special direction it flips'm that's disagreeable???

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by Ronnies111 View Post
    I had not noticed that, is there any special direction it flips'm that's disagreeable???
    kind of every friggin where it wants
    his brass ended up in about a 20 ft half circle...lol

If you plan on reloading or anything , set up on a tarp

kind of every friggin where it wants
    his brass ended up in about a 20 ft half circle...lol

If you plan on reloading or anything , set up on a tarp
    DAM 20 ft. that is kicking their ass out of there...lmao...Nothing really negitive come;s to mind? I've read everything on the net I could find. this is a impulse buy because it's on the shelf & I've been reading & liking what I've read & seen for a while. I also wanted tokinda jump off the main AR highway for a little different road. And I had plenty Sig pistol's which have allway's been a quality product. I think anything sig is.

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by Ronnies111 View Post
    DAM 20 ft. that is kicking their ass out of there...lmao...Nothing really negitive come;s to mind? I've read everything on the net I could find. this is a impulse buy because it's on the shelf & I've been reading & liking what I've read & seen for a while. I also wanted tokinda jump off the main AR highway for a little different road. And I had plenty Sig pistol's which have allway's been a quality product. I think anything sig is.
    Oh yeah...the brass FLIES outta the Sig's for sure! good luck and have fun with her.The only Sigs I might kinda question are the 250's or the new ugly bastard child pistol they just announced. I can't make a definitive judgement because I haven't owned, shot or handled them but man oh man are they uuuugly!

(Lancaster County)

I've shot my friends...
    HA! Glad I'm not your friend
    Read what I say as if I were speaking in a matter of fact, unassuming tone.

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by S&W M&P40c View Post
    HA! Glad I'm not your friend
    yeah, I go through them like bacon and vodka.....:::sigh:::

I have the 522 (non-SWAT), but I've been looking into getting something in .223 and may end up getting one of these. If it is anything like the .22 version, I'm sure you'll love this thing even more once it gets some range time. The 522 kicks brass pretty far as well, and you have to keep that in mind if you're using a public range. I wouldn't want to be the guy next to you when that hot brass comes flying over. As far as I know the 522 and 556 are taken down the same way, by pushing in the two captive pins and pulling the 2 halves apart, which is quick and easy.

Once you get this thing out for some range time let us know how it shoots.

(Philadelphia County)

I've got the SIG556 Holo model. I've had it since about 6 months after they came out and I've gotta say, It's a SIG! The initial runs of the 556s had some issues, canted top rails, off-center gas blocks, etc. but it seems that SIG has ironed out the flaws.

Mine had a number of minor issues, but Like I said, I got it pretty much RIGHT after they came out (an error I won't soon duplicate). Luckily I have access to machining equip and some very knowledgeable people whom helped me straighten her out. Even with the initial issues, it's a GREAT rifle. Consistently hits <1" @ 100y and has NEVER hiccuped. I've got about 5000 rounds through it and it still feeds, fires and functions like the day I got it. Though it is a little front-heavy, the SIG Piston and Main Spring system keeps it from 'running up' during rapid or sustained fire. It's very controllable and I actually like the weight of it. It feels like a rifle, not a plastic toy gun. (Nothing against polymer..) The SIG is just BEEFY.

Few pieces of advice;
    Check the toprail and gas block for level/alignment. Make sure that the GB is in line w the toprail. I know of a few people who got them and had to send them back to be realigned. SIG has most likely fixed this, but I'd check anyway. Maybe even take a level and check it when you pick it up.

If there is what YOU feel is an unacceptable amount of Play between the upper and lower, install an accuwedge. Mine tightened up immensely and shrunk my groups out past 100y quite a bit with the wedge installed.

Congratulations. I'm sure you'll love it... looking forward to hearing what you think!

Good luck and good shooting!
    Buzz

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast